プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Mag-5.2 fireball my first bright one.

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Garry Dymond

登録日: 2006.11.30
記事: 6

記事日時: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:13 am    記事の件名: Mag-5.2 fireball my first bright one. 引用付きで返信

Hi,
Finally got a nice bright fireball and according to UFOv2 is a mag. -5.2 . I must say it's the brightest I captured. I'm wondering if the mag estimate is off? What do you this?
Garry
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Garry Dymond

記事日時: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:16 am    記事の件名: sorry about that forgot movie of -5.2 fireball 引用付きで返信

Hi, I forgot to attach movie . Very Happy
Try this site;
http://flickr.com/photos/30288549@N05/?saved=1

Hopefully you be able to see it.
Garry
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:47 pm    記事の件名: Re: Mag-5.2 fireball my first bright one. 引用付きで返信

Hi Garry
Nice fireball with explosion Surprised . congratulations!
Garry Dymond wrote:
I'm wondering if the mag estimate is off? What do you this?

How do you know the mag -5.2?
The measurement of magnitude is a role of UFOAnalyzerV2(UA2) in UFO series.
UA2 measures the light sum of fixed star and moving object precisely and determines the magnitude.
Profile tuning (plate adjustment) of UA2 is needed before it.
Does this answer your question?

Cheers
SonotaCo
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Garry Dymond

記事日時: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thanks Sonota,
I have set the mag. using the UFA instructions and have been using satellites' reported mag. to check the mag. and there is a match. This one just seem to be brighter then others but since noticed and confirmed that it was cloudy so I assuming that would effect the ufa reading of brightness.

One question, I'm not sure if I quite understood you're instruction ( I have the english translation) once you have set the camera in place and created a profile you don't have to make another profile or do you adjust your profile after each night of capture.?
Garry
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:17 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Garry
Garry Dymond wrote:
I have set the mag. using the UFA instructions and have been using satellites' reported mag. to check the mag. and there is a match.

Oh, you have already been using UFOAnalyzer. I understood.
Do you have satellite report also? That is wonderful! What is the name of satellite?
Garry Dymond wrote:

This one just seem to be brighter then others but since noticed and confirmed that it was cloudy so I assuming that would effect the ufa reading of brightness.

Yes may be so. And the meteors with explosion often show somewhat brighter magnitude. It is because UA2 takes the peak mag in the trajectory.
Garry Dymond wrote:

One question, I'm not sure if I quite understood you're instruction ( I have the english translation) once you have set the camera in place and created a profile you don't have to make another profile or do you adjust your profile after each night of capture.?
Garry

Almost all of us are using fixed camera within the water proof housing.
Therefore, a profile can be used for many nights (small movement within a degree is adjusted automatically by UA2 for each event).
If you are moving the camera direction every nights, then you should re-tune the profile for every nights.
If the equipments are same, you need to tune only az, ev, rot.
SonotaCo
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Garry Dymond

記事日時: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Garry Dymond quote: I]have set the mag. using the UFA instructions and have been using satellites' reported mag. to check the mag. and there is a match.

What I meant to say was I use Iridium flares and ISS predictions to see if the UFOA2 analyysers mag. are close.

I used a PC88WR High Res weatherproof camera with 92 degree FOV, 600lines of resolutions , 0.0003 lux, Sony HAD CCD, 3.6 mm board microlens lens[/quote]
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:34 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Oh, I see.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます