プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Connecting my lens to the camera

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Brian Howell

登録日: 2006.05.22
記事: 39

記事日時: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:12 am    記事の件名: Connecting my lens to the camera 引用付きで返信

I've been able to obtain a 2.6mm F1.0 lens Computar model HG2610AFCS-HSP video iris lens for my fireball camera. I'm having trouble verifying the pin connection on the lens. They don't give me any pin assignments just wire color red +, white for signal, and black for -. I almost have to break the connector to open it to see the wire color. Should I chance just plugging it in or is there another way to tell if the wiring is correct? Does anyone know if this lens is already correct? I had to pay $585 to get the lens and I haven't been able to find any more so I CANNOT damage the lens.

The lens also came with a correction filter for B&W cameras and a thin metal spacer. Do I need these?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:52 pm    記事の件名: Re: Connecting my lens to the camera 引用付きで返信

Oh,

As far as I know there are two types of video iris pin assignment.
One is EIAJ, and the other is WATEC original.

The pin connection of the lens is made by the supplier, not maker..
So, It might be different even the model of the lens is same.
In Japan, usually, gray plug is EIAJ, and black plug is WATEC.

Pin assignment of the camera depends on the model. What is your camera?
If it is WAT902H2Ultimate, it is EIAJ.(1=pow,2=N.C.,3=iris,4=gnd)
If it is WAT100N, then it is WATEC original.(1=pow,2=iris,3=gnd,4=gnd)

The difference of both type is only the signal pin assignment (2 or 3).
Power and ground is same.
Therefore, if it is either of them, it will not harm lens or camera.
Only iris will not open if the type is not matched.
But be careful about the DC iris. If you use video iris lens to the camera dedicate for DC iris,
I do not know what will happen.
Brian Howell wrote:
The lens also came with a correction filter for B&W cameras and a thin metal spacer. Do I need these?

It is infrared correction lens, use it if you use monochrome camera, it improves shapness very much, but do not use for color camera.
Silver metal spacer is for the adjustment of back focus length. Use it when you use the correction lens, otherwise, focus will be out of range.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Brian Howell

記事日時: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:48 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thanks for the info.

My camera is a 902H2 Ultimate so my pin assignment should be EIAJ, so I guess my lens should be ok. As I understand from the instructions, the camera seems to auto recognize if the lens is DC or video iris. My lens seems to be a video auto iris so I guess the lens is plug n play.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Brian Howell

記事日時: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:02 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

I've plugged the lens into the camera and it worked, as well as the iris, so I seem to be ok. I pointed the camera a a sunny window then covered the lens with my hand then uncovered it. It seemed to take 2-3 seconds for the iris to adjust. I don't know if that is fast or slow for this type of camera system or not but at least it works.

Now I need to design and build a outdoor housing, I will probably use a polycarbonate dome.

Thanks.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます