SonotaCo.JP
SonotaCo Network Japan Forum
SonotaCo.JP Forum Index
homeTop Page  FAQFAQ   検索検索   メンバーリストメンバーリスト   ユーザーグループユーザーグループ   登録する登録する 
 プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Analyzing pre-recorded video, UFO Capture + virtual camera?

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
HunJozsef

登録日: 2009.05.12
記事: 4

記事日時: Wed May 13, 2009 4:54 pm    記事の件名: Analyzing pre-recorded video, UFO Capture + virtual camera? 引用付きで返信

Hello, I have been using UFO Capture for capturing sprite and related phenomena with great satisfaction. It is a very nice program!

Here's my question: is it possible to analyze pre-recorded video with UFO Capture?

I tried to connect UFO Capture to virtual cameras to examine previously recorded video but I keep getting an "UM012:Media type not matched" error message and the connection fails. I matched the resolution and frame rate but the problem persists. I tried several video stream splitter applications (e.g. SplitVideo, ManyCam, WebCamSplitter) but UFO Caprture does not connect to either, the error message is the same.

It would be really nice if splitted video streams could be monitored with UFO Capture, so another capture program could simultaneously and continuously record the incoming frames. That way UFO Capture settings (i.e. the ratio of detected and missed events and false detections) could be investigated and optimal settings could be traced down.

Jozsef
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Wed May 13, 2009 8:24 pm    記事の件名: Re: Analyzing pre-recorded video, UFO Capture + virtual came 引用付きで返信

Hi Jozef
Thank you for using UFOCapture and welcome here.

HunJozsef wrote:
is it possible to analyze pre-recorded video with UFO Capture?

No it is not. Once I have tried it , but I gave it up, because there are too many formats of stored files, sorry. As far as I know, the only way to analyze the recorded video is re-capturing via analog or IEEE capture device.

HunJozsef wrote:
I tried to connect UFO Capture to virtual cameras to examine previously recorded video but I keep getting an "UM012:Media type not matched" error message and the connection fails. I matched the resolution and frame rate but the problem persists. I tried several video stream splitter applications (e.g. SplitVideo, ManyCam, WebCamSplitter) but UFO Caprture does not connect to either, the error message is the same.

UM012 means failure of inner video format negotiation between modules. UFOCapture accepts only media type of UYUV,YUV2,I420,IYUV,YV12,DVSD,DVHD,RGB8,Y800. DirectShow interface is very complex so there may be other reasons.

HunJozsef wrote:
It would be really nice if splitted video streams could be monitored with UFO Capture, so another capture program could simultaneously and continuously record the incoming frames.

I understand your purpose. I will test those spritters, please wait a few weeks.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

SPRITVIDEO
oops Exclamation

I tried to install SPLITVIDEO Ver. 3.26, Driver Ver. 3.21 .
But my virus checker found the Trojan worm in it.
I don't know it is correct or not, but I recommend to be careful about this.
I would not test this.
--------
ManyCam....
This program converts all input video format to RGB24.
There are very few capture devices that uses RGB24.
Therefore UFOCapture does not support it.
--------

well,
it seems very difficult to use splitters......
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
HunJozsef

記事日時: Wed May 13, 2009 10:07 pm    記事の件名: Re: Analyzing pre-recorded video, UFO Capture + virtual came 引用付きで返信

Dear SonotaCo,

SonotaCo wrote:
Virus in SPLITVIDEO Ver. 3.26, Driver Ver. 3.21

Thank you for warning! I tried that program on a separate, newly installed computer. Unfortunately I got infected by that worm but after your post I have discovered it and managed to get rid of it.

SonotaCo wrote:
there are too many formats of stored files

Maybe it would be enough to implement the handling of uncompressed avi. Loading and preparing of various formats could be left for frame servers such as Avisynth.

SonotaCo wrote:
I will test those spritters, please wait a few weeks.

In the meantime I found a different homepage for splitvideo. It is called splitcamera there and it seems to be the same program, only version 4.2 with the same driver version 3.2.1(http://www.splitcamera.com). I suggest to start with this program as it is freeware and it looks like it has an active forum, too. According to my antivir program the code from them is clear.

Thank you for considering my request! Yours, Jozsef
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
HunJozsef

記事日時: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:20 pm    記事の件名: Re: Analyzing pre-recorded video, UFO Capture + virtual came 引用付きで返信

Dear SonotaCo,

It has been a few months since the last entry was posted in this topic. I would like to ask if you came to any conclusion in this question. Having read through the earlier posts I think that making UFO capture to support stream splitter programs would be a solution both for the analyzis of previously recorded movies and for multiple use of the same camera.

It seems that at least one splitter program works in the RGB24 color space. Others might work in the same way (? http://www.splitcamera.com). Would it be possible to add support for RGB24 in UFO Capture? Does it require a lot of work? I am not a professional programmer but I am willing to help if I can.

Yours, Jozsef
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:14 am    記事の件名: Re: Analyzing pre-recorded video, UFO Capture + virtual came 引用付きで返信

Hi Jozef
Oh... I was thinking the conclusion was already got.
UFOCapture does not, and will not support RGB24 format.
Once experimentally the support for RGB24 was made, but it caused many troubles.
So, please give up about this.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Lightningwizard

登録日: 2007.10.19
記事: 165

記事日時: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:33 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Jozsef,
maybe you could split the video by a hardware splitter and then supply that to two different capture devices?
cheers,
Oscar

http://eurosprite.blogspot.com
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
HunJozsef

記事日時: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:43 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Oscar,
Quote:
maybe you could split the video by a hardware splitter and then supply that to two different capture devices?

Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately this would only solve the problem of simultaneous observations. Re-analysis or multiple analysis of old records is still a question. Not having another digitizer device (as it is my current status) is the smallest problem.

On the other hand I wonder which solution would use more hardware resources: using a splitter program or using more capture cards. Furthermore I cannot buy the same capture card any more as it is out of the market. Are the captured images really identical from different cards? Can I use more capture cards simultaneously in one computer (using more computers is not an option currently). While these question could be worked out I think that the most straitforward and compatible solution would be the possibility of using a software splitter with UFO capture.

Jozsef
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます