前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
ykchia

登録日: 2005.05.08
記事: 45
所在地: singapore

記事日時: Tue May 31, 2005 3:44 pm    記事の件名: UFOAnalyser Reference Star map 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo:

For a narrow view FOV from a 25mm lens, does the map provided adequate stars for superimpose on my screen. ( i understand the best is 6mm but i would like to use this software for 12 -25mm or even telephoto or the other end of the scale).

I seems to have problem getting any meaning star match at all. I expect to see white dot ( btw the white dot is too tiny to see) roughly matched up ...

I thought I did all the right thing :

Set the FOV ( VxH) view in degree estimated from my Starmap
Estimated the plate centre in AZ and Elevation in degrees and take note the AZ measure 0 from South!!

My long E+ at position + and +8 hrs UT.

If reference stars database is too small can I created or ammended similar from other catalog. ( Just tell me the expected format or columns start end for the map entries. RA/DEC/Mag)

rgds
ykchia
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Tue May 31, 2005 9:00 pm    記事の件名: Re: UFOAnalyser Reference Star map 引用付きで返信

Hi ykchia

The format of UFOAStarMap.txt is very simple
UFOAnalyzer use "%f %f %f" format for ra,dec,mag.
The unit of ra and dec is degree.
Please look at UFOAStarMap.txt itself.
ex. Polaris is below
37.95291667 89.26416667 2.02

There are 2 cautions.
1. Total number of stars must be less than 9999.
2. ra must be in ascending order.

UFOAStarMap.txt in V0.64 already has 9096 stars.
I can expand this limit if it is truely needed.
Please let me know the number.
The increase of stars requires more memory and cpu time
so it should be done carefully.

Fixed star alignment is the most difficult operation.
I have some experience of using 25mm.
It was very difficult, but it was possible.
Up to now, I think 9096 stars are not too little even for 25mm lens.

There is some technic at first.
1. Determine manually the ra/dec of the stars which is almost in the
center of the view by using some star map software like The Star.
2. Set k2,k3,CenteroffsetXY all 0
3. know the calculated ra/dec of the star by mouse pointing
using the position display in Ex page of UFOAnalyzer.
4. adjust dir/alt to 1=3
5. adjust rot
6. adjust H,V and X/Y ratio

good luck
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Tue May 31, 2005 10:26 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Oh, I remember the bug which Robert has appointed.
Mouse position may have offset when using English version of Windows.
Sorry, I will make V0.65 tomorrow. so please use it
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

記事日時: Tue May 31, 2005 11:46 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo:

Many thanks... I will try if tomorrow if not the day after

rgds
ykchia
www.ykchia.com
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:58 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi ykchia

Now UFOAnalyzer V0.66 becpmes downloadable.
Please use this version to compare displayed ra/dec with true ra/dec on star map.

--
UFOAStarmap is based on Yale's Bright Star Catalog V5, and has stars brighter than mag 7.0.
UFOCapture's scintillation mask detect stars as below on clear moonless night.
WAT-100N + 3.8mmF0.8 .. mag 5
WAT-100N + 6mmF0.8 ..mag 6
WAT-100N + 25mmF0.95 ..mag 8
WAT-100N + 50mmF1.2 ..mag 10
we may need another map when using longer tha 25mm lens.
But in my experience, number of captured meteors was decreased when using longer than 10mm lens.
I think it is because the dim meteors do not increase unlike fixed stars.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

記事日時: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:56 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo:

Thanks a lot !

I copied over just one meteor and the related avi and other still files to another slower pc for trying out leaving the fast pc for UFOcapture.....

I managed to get enough stars to do the match. Since each star is set as one pixel I need to get used to it. AT least this time I found the star patterns match. Getting all of them to exactly match take some times... still learning.

I tried only on one frame/avi with a meteor - do I need to tell the system the meteor stream or will it automaticall tell me that?
Also in 25mm lens - sometimes I get meteor that left a >1 eg 2 streaks on timelapsed bitmap which fooled the sw thinking they are two distinct meteors (sharing the same trajectory)
Q: The radiant on the map - is this computed from actual multiple trails intersections or predetermined and get plotted. I only see the projected single trail on the map...

Still learning ... not sure what the rest of dispatch , CSV is for....

Clear sky...
rgds
ykchia
トップに戻る
Robert J Cobain
未登録ユーザー

記事日時: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:14 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi ykchia,

Post a link to the meteors when you get a chance, I would like to see Smile

The dispatch feature is very useful. The idea is that after a night of capturing, you open UFOAnalyzer and let it read your directory of captures. The UFOA reads the CSV to see what has been captured.
If you have no CSV by accident, you can copy the file logrecover.txt into the folder and do 'log recover' in UFOA.
Once you have analyzed all the things captured, you need to go through each captured event and check that UFOA has analyzed correctly.
If a meteor is too faint, or there is some confusion, you can use 'Change Area' to narrow down the area that UFOA looks at. You can make the 'DL offset' less than zero so that it is more sensitive.
Maybe UFOA has confused a bird and a plane, you can use 'classify' to fix this.
Each captured video is marked 'Keep' or otherwise depending on the rules contained in the UFOArules.txt file in the program folder.
If you see that something is marked incorrectly 'Keep', you can change this too.
Once you are happy with the analysis you choose 'save csv'.
If you choose 'make report', this will make an html file that shows a report of what is captured and this report goes into the 'Out dir'
Then you probably want to delete all the rubbish like planes, birds, cosmic rays etc.
When you click 'do dispatch' depending on the 'Keep' boolean, rubbish files will be copied to a subdirectory called 'deleted' and the good stuff copied to the 'Out dir' directory. The csv is copied also minus records for those videos that were not kept.

Hope this makes some sense!

All the best, Robert.
トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:24 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Quote:
AT least this time I found the star patterns match. Getting all of them to exactly match

Congratulations!! I'm very happy to hear that.
Once you decide V,H,X/Yratio,k2,k3, then you can use same parameter while using same equipments.
So it will be easyer next time.
Quote:
do I need to tell the system the meteor stream or will it automaticall tell me that?
Q: The radiant on the map - is this computed from actual multiple trails intersections or predetermined and get plotted. I only see the projected single trail on the map...

UFOAnalyzer has radiants list named UFOAradiant.txt and automatically searches candidates in it.
Because we cannot decide the correct radiant from one site observation,
UFOAnalyzer only suggest it by radiant coordinates and velocity if it is available.
The grouping algorism is a bit complex. Please read the last part of the document below using some tool.
http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA034934/UFOA/index.html
Quote:
Also in 25mm lens - sometimes I get meteor that left a >1 eg 2 streaks on timelapsed bitmap which fooled the sw thinking they are two distinct meteors (sharing the same trajectory
)
You can tune this by "Max vel" and "DL offset" in EX page.
"Max vel" defines maximum velocity of the object (pixel/frame). Try 60 or 80 for fast movement.
"DL offset" defines the threshold level offset. try -4 for dim object.

--
Thank you very much for cooperation Robert.
I am very happy , having a great comprehensive person.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ykchia

記事日時: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:15 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo:

Thanks for the input... will try on at least two known SAGs I have and see whether the radiant things work out.

' DL' setting- Good I have x1 slow meteor ( i happened to be viewing the b/w monitor and noted the VCR counter#) that did not get detect may be due to this setting. Will let you know .the outcome. This is one good example if the timecode DV is available in UFO capture - i can rerun DV tapes thro 1394 and not worried about computer time stamp vs actual.

p/s **Robert - thanks also for the various pointers. I will post the latest catch I got tonite. Nothing big or exciting so far..

rgds
ykchia
1.5N of the Equator
トップに戻る
ykchia

記事日時: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:40 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Robert and rest:

As promised here is a still bmp of this morning meteor - I did not enable the wmf so no video this time.

25mm lens UFO CaptureV2

rgds
ykchia

M20050602_041522_idx_ykP.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  85.55 KB
 閲覧数:  13635 回

M20050602_041522_idx_ykP.jpg

トップに戻る
Robert J Cobain
未登録ユーザー

記事日時: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:45 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi ykChia,

Good shot! I am not used to seeing meteors this closeup, but it looks like there are some speed variations visible. Also between the penultimate and last frames, there is sudden brightening followed by a period of slowing and faintness, then a return to normal brightness. If this is true then the meteor probably burnt out in the next frame or two, if you could see it.

I am interested in the explosion moment that is often seen and I wonder, can it be indicative of the meteor's material? Wheter stone, iron or carbon?

SonotaCo, Glad to be of help. I am still learning to use all your excellent programs,so I would not like to say too much until I'm qualified, but I will certainly help other users if I can.

Robert.
トップに戻る
未登録ユーザー

記事日時: Sat Jun 04, 2005 11:00 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Robert:

Not sure what can be inferred from speed alone. I hv no expert in this area too. May be readers on this forum can help out. My layman thinking is a asteroid in origin vs cometary origin that might explain in the color differences of meteors. But we are doing b/w and with no spectra gathering... impossible to tell... Interesting question though...

* How do you get rid of flickering lightning - the detection get triggered tonite so often and I cant get rid of it.

rgds
ykchia
トップに戻る
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます