新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Martin Towner

登録日: 2011.04.12
記事: 5

記事日時: Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 pm    記事の件名: UFOcapture and IP camera 引用付きで返信

Hello all,
I would like to ask for advice - I am trying to use UFOcapture with an IP camera over ethernet for high accuracy meteor detection; the Arecontvision AV8365DN. It is a very nice all-sky camera with 4 video cameras (1600x1200 each) in one housing (a picture below), but it streams video output over ethernet as RTSP, rather than TV video signals.
So to use it with UFOcapture, I have two problems - I will need 4 copies of Capture running (or 4 computers!). But also I have to get the video feed handled correctly: I have some success, using the WebcamXP video source filters to convert ethernet RTSP into direct video, but the picture is not quite right (see the clipboard picture for my results, looking at my office window!).
So, I was wondering, has anyone else used UFO with IP cameras?
There are some alternative video source filters available (within VLC, or from live555.com, or morgan-multimedia.com but they require more programming skill to use - but maybe they are better)
Also, the video feed from each camera is 1600x1200 at 20fps - I think UFO is OK with this image size?

Many thanks

Martin

17_46_191_dome.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  6.26 KB
 閲覧数:  7003 回

17_46_191_dome.jpg

Clipboard-1.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  157.07 KB
 閲覧数:  5925 回

Clipboard-1.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:23 am    記事の件名: Re: UFOcapture and IP camera 引用付きで返信

Hi Martin

Thank you for introducing a surprising product.
But I am sorry that this device is using H.264 coding.
Current UFOCapture requires un-compressed video so it is hopeless to use this device anyway.(decoding of coded video does not work well for motion detection),

Current UFOCaptureV2 can handle up to 720x576/25fps or 720x480/30fps.
(program itself is logically possible to handle any size and rate,
but actual performance of single logical CPU becomes bottle neck)

It is possible to run multiple instances on one PC simultaneously and
detect multiple video input. It needs one logical CPU and one HDD for
each video. There are many people who run two instances on one PC.
But tree or four may be very difficult because of bandwidth limit of PC.

Recently UFOCaptureHD was developed (released to some special users already)
it uses multi-core parallel processing on multi-core CPU and achieves upto
1920x1080/30i HD un-compressed video. It needs more than 4 core CPU and
raid 0 4HDDs array.
See http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2391
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Lightningwizard

登録日: 2007.10.19
記事: 165

記事日時: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:25 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Maybe a awkward kind of solution, but one could use a Watec camera with fisheye lens with UFOCapture as detector, sending a beep or starting a command which triggers a program that saves a few seconds of video stream from the IP?
Or send the IP camera streams to a monitor, and detect events in it by another camera with UFOcapture to find triggers. If there is no monitor flickering/scrolling.
Does the manufacturer not provide any event detection software?

Oscar

http://eurosprite.blogspot.com
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Martin Towner

登録日: 2011.04.12
記事: 5

記事日時: Tue May 03, 2011 9:28 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thanks both for your useful suggestions - The Arecont camera can also produce mjpeg coding video, as well as h264, but it is still compressed, so probably not useful. The manufacturer does supply software which has motion detection - also there are also other alternatives I've found: 'blue iris' for windows, and 'zoneminder' for linux - but they are general security surveillance software, and lack many of the nice UFOcapture features for meteor work.

I will test the general software, but I think the best option will be the good idea of the additional Watec camera with fisheye, using UFOcapture, which will then trigger a recording from the IP cameras. It sounds quite possible with simple scripting, as the IP cameras are very easy to record using something like VLC. The difficulty will be storing buffering before the event I think.

Martin
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます