プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Recommended value of multi-event parameter 'dD' in UFO Orbit

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Alex Pratt

登録日: 2012.01.17
記事: 35

記事日時: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 pm    記事の件名: Recommended value of multi-event parameter 'dD' in UFO Orbit 引用付きで返信

Dear SonotaCo,

William Stewart and I operate a multi-station meteor camera network in Northern England.

Whilst analysing multiple captures of the same meteor we noted that UFO Orbit had not included the capture from one of the cameras.

This was because the multi-event quality parameter dD was set to 0.5, its default value. When this was increased to 1.2 the capture was included. I note that the value of dD in the UFO Orbit User Manual is 5.0, which allows lower quality data to be included.

What is your recommended value of dD? 0.5?

Many thanks,

Alex.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 am    記事の件名: Re: Recommended value of multi-event parameter 'dD' in UFO O 引用付きで返信

Hi Alex

It may depend on the purpose and the single station measurement accuracy, or geometry of stations.
I have been making a annual summary data set SNMXXX below, where I use dD < 1.0 for 6 years.
http://sonotaco.jp/doc/SNM/index.html
I think 1.0 is one of fair values for general purpose under current accuracy of SD video observation.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Alex Pratt

登録日: 2012.01.17
記事: 35

記事日時: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:31 pm    記事の件名: Re: Recommended value of multi-event parameter 'dD' in UFO O 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo,

Thank you for your reply and for the link to your dataset.

As you recommend, we will use dD < 1.0 for our analyses and check its effect on our results.

Many thanks,

Alex.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます