SonotaCo.JP
SonotaCo Network Japan Forum
SonotaCo.JP Forum Index
homeTop Page  FAQFAQ   検索検索   メンバーリストメンバーリスト   ユーザーグループユーザーグループ   登録する登録する 
 プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

QHY5 guide camera with UFOCaptureV2, a problem.

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Glen

登録日: 2013.08.30
記事: 3

記事日時: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:53 am    記事の件名: QHY5 guide camera with UFOCaptureV2, a problem. 引用付きで返信

Hello Sonotaco,

I hope you are well! I'm having some odd playback/ capture issues with a QHY5 mono camera that I thought I'd have a go using UFOCapV2 with. It's recognized with it's driver in the program but when detecting and capturing the screen looks like this: http://i.imgur.com/21RuJZQ.jpg

It's a different color each time the program starts but always upside down. Only when I stop previewing or capturing it shows the correct output, like this: http://i.imgur.com/wsPiDN2.jpg?1 Cool
The camera works as normal with other software (PHD, QDVideo & VertualDub)

Camera specs http://qhyccd.com/en/left/page3/qhy5-series/
QHY5 Mono only sensor = MT9M001 native resolution=1280*1024

The operating system is Windows7 x64, but it has the same problems with xp 32bit so I presume this camera isn't supported at the moment? Or has anyone seen this behavior before? Any ideas welcomed.

Many thanks for reading, Smile
Glen

21RuJZQ.jpg
 説明:
Capture output
 ファイルサイズ:  179.72 KB
 閲覧数:  6639 回

21RuJZQ.jpg

wsPiDN2.jpg
 説明:
Idle after capture/ preview
 ファイルサイズ:  82.54 KB
 閲覧数:  6639 回

wsPiDN2.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:35 am    記事の件名: Re: QHY5 guide camera with UFOCaptureV2, a problem. 引用付きで返信

Hi Glen

Wow! Thank you for showing an artistic error image Shocked
It seems QHY5 driver is not compatible with Windows DirectShow video capture interface that is used by UFOCapture.
The video handling interface on Windows is very complex, so it can happen.
Sorry, QHY5 may not be usable with UFOCapture.

I don't know QHY5 well, but if it uses USB2.0 and 1280x1024 60fps, some compression must be used.
( 1280x1024x60x1B = 75MB/s > 480Mbps of USB2.0)
So I think the driver of QHY5 does not provide un-compressed video capture interface.
And the art was the result of some video compression without correct internal vdieo formant ID.

If you want to use UFOCapture with HD resolution for night sky,
I recommend to use HDMI camera and UFOCaptureHD2. I don't know other case that succeeds.
please read below.
http://sonotaco.com/soft/UFOHD2/UFOHD2Manual/en/0-0.html
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Glen

記事日時: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:04 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Laughing Yes, it looks a little bit groovy..

Thanks for the input. I can change the resolution and fps in UFOcap but it doesn't make a difference, it just changes color output ~[s]slower[/s] & smaller view, so as you said, it's probably an issue with the drivers/ compression somewhere.

I'll have a chat with the guys at QHY and see how the drivers are coming along as I now these are reasonably new, it'll give them some feedback at least. It's a shame as it's a great camera otherwise.

Thanks for the link and putting my mind at rest by pointing me in the right direction.

Keep up the great work.
Glen

Edit: Looking at it again, changing the fps option doesn't change anything. It seems it stays around 15fps showing that glitched/ colored video.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Glen

記事日時: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:34 pm    記事の件名: Re: QHY5 guide camera with UFOCaptureV2, a problem. 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:

I don't know QHY5 well, but if it uses USB2.0 and 1280x1024 60fps, some compression must be used.
( 1280x1024x60x1B = 75MB/s > 480Mbps of USB2.0)
So I think the driver of QHY5 does not provide un-compressed video capture interface.
And the art was the result of some video compression without correct internal vdieo formant ID.

l

Concerning the 1280x1240 @60fps I was messing around with settings just to see the result. Cool You point out the data bandwidth being far to high and I agree. Having a read up on the camera details, it says the output is uncompressed and the driver is Windows Driver Model (WDM). but If it's put on 600 x400 @10fps it still glitches out.

I'd agree it's the issue though, the driver is not well suited for ufocap at the moment.
I'll ask to see if they could include it in the next driver though.. we can always hope Smile

Thanks again
Glen
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます