SonotaCo.JP
SonotaCo Network Japan Forum
SonotaCo.JP Forum Index
homeTop Page  FAQFAQ   検索検索   メンバーリストメンバーリスト   ユーザーグループユーザーグループ   登録する登録する 
 プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Sprite initiation together with other TLEs

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> スプライト談話室 (Sprites)
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Stan

登録日: 2016.01.06
記事: 3
所在地: Cape Town, South Africa

記事日時: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:51 am    記事の件名: Sprite initiation together with other TLEs 引用付きで返信

Hi friends, I am new to this area of research, I really want to know if sprite initiation occurs together with any other TLEs most especially the blue jets.

A friend once asked me "Why do we search for Sprite". I read from published papers that sprite initiation affects the chemistry of the mesosphere. could this be a justifiable reason for sprite research. Hope to read your contribution. Thanks.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12666
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:33 am    記事の件名: Re: Sprite initiation together with other TLEs 引用付きで返信

Hi

My understanding is ....
TLEs are the evidence of the existence of global electronic circuit
that is composed by two planes of ground and ionization layer, charge up engine of thunder storm,
and TLEs / natural charge fall down as the path between two planes.
The global circuit maintains ionization layer that is essential for our lives.

Thus, sprite must be initiated by the current from the cloud top.
The current is usually invisible, but sometimes, it appears as blue jets or gigantic events.

We have observed grafted sprite(sprites initiated by jet) or gigantic events several times
in our 10 years observation.

SonotaCo
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Stan

登録日: 2016.01.06
記事: 3
所在地: Cape Town, South Africa

記事日時: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:37 am    記事の件名: Re: Sprite initiation together with other TLEs 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:
Hi

My understanding is ....
TLEs are the evidence of the existence of global electronic circuit
that is composed by two planes of ground and ionization layer, charge up engine of thunder storm,
and TLEs / natural charge fall down as the path between two planes.
The global circuit maintains ionization layer that is essential for our lives.

Thus, sprite must be initiated by the current from the cloud top.
The current is usually invisible, but sometimes, it appears as blue jets or gigantic events.

We have observed grafted sprite(sprites initiated by jet) or gigantic events several times
in our 10 years observation.

SonotaCo

Hi, SonotaCo
Thanks for your prompt response.

When observing sprite, does the illumination from the moon affect seeing/recording sprite
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12666
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:07 pm    記事の件名: Re: Sprite initiation together with other TLEs 引用付きで返信

Stan wrote:
When observing sprite, does the illumination from the moon affect seeing/recording sprite

Moonlight is a big problem for faint meteor detection, but I think it does not matter so much for TLE observation.The duration of TLE is quite short but its brightness is enough for recent high sensitivity cameras.
Of course if the thunderstorm is near and its lightning flashes are visible, they affect much more. They cause continuous recording. So the geographical condition between the station and the storm is very important.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> スプライト談話室 (Sprites) All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます