投稿者 メッセージ
Bill W

登録日: 2012.02.13
記事: 182
所在地: Glasgow

記事日時: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:33 am    記事の件名: Multi Axes Dispersion. 引用付きで返信

Hi,

A bit of real experimentation.

Recently I had the chance to work with some engineers from our Bioelectronic Interface Group who have a modified injection molding machine for making the devices they use in their labs. As this machine can make micron (10e-6m) size features I asked about making an experimental grating.

Using a different surface structure the grating can be made to disperse in several directions rather than just one.

It has some limitations but the principle is good. Tthe idea was to to overcome the problem of badly tilted spectra when the meteor falls at a shallow angle with respect to the dispersion axis. With two (or more) axes it doesn't matter how the meteor moves across the fov because a recoverable spectra should always be available at 45 degrees or better.

I've put a couple of videos illustrating this on youtube. This is the MAD Experiment, that is Multi Axes Dispersion...

https://youtu.be/jXZzLsrjqpc

https://youtu.be/k6OChCYS54c

These aren't ideal but you'll get the idea. I'm giving a talk at the next IMC in Serbia with all the technical details (too much to type). I'll put a copy of the pdf online if anyone wants a look once the proceedings have been issued. Or direclty via email if you prefer.

Cheers,
Bill. Very Happy
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます