プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

IP-cameras and AllSky-cameras support

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Skymagic

登録日: 2016.07.26
記事: 27

記事日時: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:21 pm    記事の件名: IP-cameras and AllSky-cameras support 引用付きで返信

Hello, dear colleagues!

I am the newcomer, but meteor capturing is very interesting to me.
In this subject it would be desirable to ask couple of questions on future perspectives directly of SonotaCo. I will be very glad to any information.

1. Now CMOS cameras are actively improved, their sensitivity grows, and the price falls. Not so long ago there were sensors created on Starvis technology (for example IMX185) which stated sensitivity approaches that at the cameras Watec WAT902H2 Ultimate. Already now a set of inexpensive security cameras with such sensors is available. Unfortunately, it is IP-cameras, and UFO Capture does not support them.
It seems to me, modern IP-cameras are capable of a lot of things, but there is no opportunity to be convinced of it. Program support of IP-cameras would be very useful. Please, prompt whether it is going support of IP-cameras in UFO Capture?

2. At observation of meteors a wide field is very important. Already now it is possible to construct effective and rather inexpensive allsky-camera, however, as far as I know, UFO Analyzer cannot work in such wide fields. It would be remarkable to organize support of allsky-camera. Please, prompt whether it is possible?

Thank you very much in advance!
Clear sky! Smile
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:51 am    記事の件名: Re: IP-cameras and AllSky-cameras support 引用付きで返信

Hi, welcome.
Skymagic wrote:
Please, prompt whether it is going support of IP-cameras in UFO Capture?

I have no plan to support IP-cameras.
All current IP-cameras uses some compression of the video that may decrease the measurement accuracy or detection ability.
Also it is changing rapidly, involves un-explainable errors or incompatibility. It is not suit for scientific recording.
UFOCapture handles un-compressed videos only, that is why it is usable for scientific purpose, in all over the world, for more than 10 years, from NTSC/PAL to 4K.

Skymagic wrote:
2. At observation of meteors a wide field is very important. Already now it is possible to construct effective and rather inexpensive allsky-camera, however, as far as I know, UFO Analyzer cannot work in such wide fields. It would be remarkable to organize support of allsky-camera. Please, prompt whether it is possible?

UFOAnalyzer can be used on all sky cameras, but so far, there is no good all sky hardware that has enough sensitivity.

All sky system is the hope of all people, but please be aware that we must keep frame rate more than 25fps. and shutter time for each frame less than 1/25 second to detect meteors. To obtain good sensitivity on it is not easy.
If you find new solutions, please let us know.

Recently only super hi-ISO camera (like ILCE-7s, iso > 102400) with fish eye lens is expected to achieve this, one group tries, but it is stopping now because Sun light protecting problem in daytime.
See figures below.
http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3691
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Skymagic

登録日: 2016.07.26
記事: 27

記事日時: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:18 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Dear SonotaCO,

many thanks for so detailed answer: You very much helped!
I apologize for own delusions concerning UFO Analyzer. In observations processing I saw that the program defines a meteor trajectory as a straight line and never approximates it an arch even if a frame is distorted. I believed that in a case with the allsky-camera this distortion will be even stronger and UFO Analyzer will propduce very big error. It's excellent that not so!

Unfortunately, cameras having so high sensitivity and resolution to satisfy all needs are unknown. Except ILCE-7s even more sensitive is known to me, but very expensive camera Canon ME20F-SH with ISO more than 4 000 000. Most likely, this camera gives very good image in case of ISO about 300 000. Unfortunately, it did not happen to see it in work, but videos on Internet very impress.

For example, this video is received by this camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NwHi7ZiF7k
And it if I am not mistaken, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Bzbe1s2Zc

I do not think that I will manage to test of this camera possibilities in practice. However if it happens or if I manage to find other interesting camera - I will report by all means.

Thanks for link: it's very interesting!

Вest regards:)
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます