プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Meteor camera usb and ufocapture

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Antonio Lasala

登録日: 2019.04.24
記事: 1

記事日時: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:09 pm    記事の件名: Meteor camera usb and ufocapture 引用付きで返信

Hello,
I have a Ufocapture license version 2.24
Recently I bought a low cost usb camera. It is this:
www.kayetoncctv.com
Model: KYT-U200-SL01
Sensor: SONY IMX291
Minimum Illumination: 0.0001 Lux
Resolution & frame:
1920 × 1080 MJPEG 30fps H.264 30fps
1280 × 720 MJPEG 30fps H.264 30fps
640 × 480 MJPEG 30fps YUY2 30fps H.264 30fps
320 × 240 MJPEG 30fps YUY2 30fps H.264 30fps
Compression format: MJPEG \ YUY2 \ H.264
Interface: USB 2.0

The camera works perfectly in all resolutions with several programs but Ufocapture only supports the resolution 640x480.
I have tried the HD2 version of evaluation. It only works for a few seconds. Ufocapture stops working and disappears.
Could there be some way for Ufocapture to recognize the different resolutions of this USB camera?
Could you consider that possibility in your program?

Thanks and best regards.
Antonio Lasala
Spain
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:30 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi wellcome here.
But, sorry, there is no recommendable way to use compressed video with UFOCapture.

UFOCapture can handle only un-compressed format on Windows DIRECTSHOW video interface.
So we recommend to use NTSC/PAL, HDMI or GigE uncompressed(at least uncompressed Y component) cameras.

There have been many requests for compressed video, USB, or IP cameras for low cost network.
But we are thinking the use of compressions are not suit for long term constant scientific observation, so they are not implemented ever.

Regards,
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
astrojucar

登録日: 2018.08.21
記事: 6

記事日時: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:59 pm    記事の件名: What a pitty 引用付きで返信

I respect your decision but I think it is a mistake.

Many of us are doing valid low-cost scientific work with cheap rtsp or usb cameras and it is a pain trying to make them work with UfoCapture, so we have to resort to using other programs instead wich are way less powerful. Crying or Very sad

UfoCapture seems to be extremely picky when negotiating a directshow connection, so it's impossible to use aditional software such as rtsp to virtual webcam software. It always shows the "Resolution or media type not matched." error.

IP cameras are the future!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Sipeng Yang

登録日: 2018.11.15
記事: 12
所在地: Beijing

記事日時: Wed May 22, 2019 11:27 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:
Hi wellcome here.
But, sorry, there is no recommendable way to use compressed video with UFOCapture.

UFOCapture can handle only un-compressed format on Windows DIRECTSHOW video interface.
So we recommend to use NTSC/PAL, HDMI or GigE uncompressed(at least uncompressed Y component) cameras.

There have been many requests for compressed video, USB, or IP cameras for low cost network.
But we are thinking the use of compressions are not suit for long term constant scientific observation, so they are not implemented ever.

Regards,

HI Sonota, I want to ask that what kinds of video format does the UFOCaptureHD2 support? The manual of UFOCapture say it support HDMI / HD-SDI. But I found in this forum it seems to support the GigE too. Could you please give me a exact description?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Thu May 23, 2019 7:27 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Sipeng Yang wrote:
[ Could you please give me a exact description?

The exact UFOCapture compatibility condition is
The capture device driver, which is provided by the manufacturer of the hardware, supports
Windows DIRECTSHOW video capture interface with uncompressed inner media type (one of UYUV,YUY2,I420,IYUV,YV12,DVSD,RGB8,Y800,RGB24,RGB32).

It cannot be decided by the kind of hardware interface, but it depends on the manufacturer or the product.
For example,
manufacturers that provides proper compatible device driver are,
Black Magic Desigh (PCIE,USB3,Thunderbolt for HDMI,HD-SDI,analog(NTSL,PAL)).
Imaging Source(USB2,USB3,IEEE1394,GIGE..)
Microsoft Windows builtin device driver for IEEE1394 is conpatible.
Many USB SD(NTSC,PAL) video capture device (which does not use hardware compression) support this.

While most manufacturers that provides hi-resolution USB cameras for astronomy do not support this.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Sipeng Yang

記事日時: Thu May 23, 2019 11:06 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:

It cannot be decided by the kind of hardware interface, but it depends on the manufacturer or the product.

Thanks for your illustration. In fact, I wannted to inquire about the UFOCaptureHD2. I typed the wrong word. It shold be "The manual of UFOCaptureHD2 say it support HDMI / HD-SDI. But I found in this forum it seems to support the GigE too"

Although, your description help me a lot when select the camera. And I guess the UFOCaptureHD2 is as same as UFOCapture? It is not about the hardware interface. It is the video media type concerns?

Not only the HDMI / HD-SDI device could be used by UFOCaptureHD2, but also the USB / GigE camera could be. Am I right?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Thu May 23, 2019 11:54 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Sipeng Yang wrote:
And I guess the UFOCaptureHD2 is as same as UFOCapture? It is not about the hardware interface. It is the video media type concerns?

Not only the HDMI / HD-SDI device could be used by UFOCaptureHD2, but also the USB / GigE camera could be. Am I right?

Yes you are all right.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Sipeng Yang

記事日時: Tue May 28, 2019 8:09 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hello Sonotaco. I wrote a new topic about the shutter of CMOS camera tihs morning. But it disappeared now. I don't why. Is it improper to talk about this?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Wed May 29, 2019 7:22 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Sipeng Yang wrote:
Hello Sonotaco. I wrote a new topic about the shutter of CMOS camera tihs morning. But it disappeared now. I don't why. Is it improper to talk about this?

Sorry, it was just my accidental mistake, as the administrator mailed you.
I read your artticle and intendd to push "quote" bottom to weite the answer, but I push "delete" button instead.
Your post was quite proper.

As for rolling shutter problem you wrote, once I wrote it (in Japanese).
http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4168
I meant the rolling shutter problem exists, but it can be ignored for usual wide fov meteor observation.
I recommend you to estimate its effect quantitatively on your observation by your self.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Sipeng Yang

記事日時: Thu May 30, 2019 10:31 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:

As for rolling shutter problem you wrote, once I wrote it (in Japanese).
http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4168
I meant the rolling shutter problem exists, but it can be ignored for usual wide fov meteor observation.

Thanks for this reply. Your article in Japanese help me to understand how the rolling shutter would influence the observation result.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます