新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Robert J Cobain

登録日: 2006.04.25
記事: 79

記事日時: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:59 am    記事の件名: Problem capturing 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo,

Recently I have been experiencing problems with capturing meteors. Sometimes the P.bmp is successfully generated but the video itself is only partially captured. The portion of the video which contained the meteor is gone. How can this be? Has the process which creates the P.bmp corrupted the video file? Is the P.bmp created after the video file is written to disk or while the video data is still in memory?

I am not sure whether the problem lies with my PC, as I have been having problems with my usb wireless adapter and windows media player 11. I am capturing DV PAL to a 400GB 7200rpm SATA harddrive., which has 95GB free space and was defragmented.

for example,

http://www.meteorlogni.com/Meteors/2006/8/13/M20060813_042050_Ivyhill_WS.avi

Thanks, Robert.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:25 am    記事の件名: Re Problem capturing 引用付きで返信

Hi Robert
How is the Perseids this year?

Well, this problem might happen on some PC.
P.bmp is generated during capturing from inputted memory image (UFOCaptureV2).
It because it is the only way to create peak-hold without the corruption of super imposed text.

In your case, it shows the video inputting pipeline worked well, but the file writing pipeline did not worked.
DirectX file writing modules stop writing or skip frames when execution cannot catch up the frame clock.
There are many possibilities that cause this problem.
1. Temporal heavy CPU load by other program such as unti-virus, network tasks, or, scheduled jobs.....
2. Harddrive was busy for more than a few frame time .... it happens on some HDD which run its self maintenance process (head positioning auto correction or track substitution process) for more than 0.5sec.
3. Harddrive cache have some problem for continuous av data stream (Windows HDD cache setting sometime change the situation).

If you encounter this problem frequently, think about changing harddrive to other models.
There may be some models that is not good at continuous data writing.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Robert J Cobain

登録日: 2006.04.25
記事: 79

記事日時: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:56 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thanks for the reply, I will investigate these possibilities. I suspect that there is some process which is interfering. Robert.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます