SonotaCo.JP
SonotaCo Network Japan Forum
SonotaCo.JP Forum Index
homeTop Page  FAQFAQ   検索検索   メンバーリストメンバーリスト   ユーザーグループユーザーグループ   登録する登録する 
 プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

DFK 33GX462 GigE camera for meteor observations?

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Skymagic

登録日: 2016.07.26
記事: 27

記事日時: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:01 pm    記事の件名: DFK 33GX462 GigE camera for meteor observations? 引用付きで返信

Dear SonotaCo, hello!

I want to try using the DFK 33GX462 GigE camera for meteor observations with UFOCaptureHD:

https://www.theimagingsource.com/products/industrial-cameras/gige-color/dfk33gx462/

The camera uses a relatively new IMX462LQR chip, which seems to be superior in sensitivity to the IMX290. There are examples of using the IMX462 for sky surveillance on the network, here is one of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsNHWf2SrgU

However, the DFK 33GX462 is quite expensive, and therefore I would not want to take the risk of buying it without the certainty that it can be used for meteor observations. Since you are already using a DMK33GX290e camera which is very similar, can you tell if the new DFK 33GX462 camera will also work fine with UFOCaptureHD?
Will 56 fps be available?
Will 12-bit dynamic range and 1920x1080 resolution be available?
What processor speed and RAM size will be required for one such camera?
Perhaps there are other nuances that you need to know about before purchasing a camera?

Thank you very much in advance for your reply. I am sure that your experience will be useful not only to me, but also to other interested people.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:10 am    記事の件名: Re: DFK 33GX462 GigE camera for meteor observations? 引用付きで返信

Thank you for info.
Sorry, this is not an answer but a comment, cause DFK33GX462 may not be tested in our network. The price is what makes us hesitate.
The DIRECTSHOW device drivers delivered by Imaging Source have been reliable compatible with UFOCapture
and many DMK33GX290es have been used in our notwork with up to 56fps.
Therefore I believe DFK33GX462 will work with UFOCaptureHD2.
Yet...
It is 8bit depth only. 12bit is not usable.
and
From their data sheet, IMX462LQR has almost same sensitivity wiht IMX327LQR as below.
IMX327LQR F5.6 1/30s 10746 digit
IMX462LQR F5.6 1/30s 10741 digit
IMX327 is widly used in our network as AHD(analogHD) one board camera module (very very low cost).
But it is used on monochrome mode without IR filter. Because there is big difference on the sensitivity.
The color mode of IMX327 with IR filter records big fireballs beautiflly yet it was not satisfying for usual meteors observation.
It depends on the purpose of the observation, I recommend DBK33GX462(without IR filter model) instead of DFK33GX462. It will record satisfying HD results in all digital interface.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Skymagic

登録日: 2016.07.26
記事: 27

記事日時: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:46 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thanks SonotaCo,
Your answer contains a lot of useful and important information. I will study information about cameras based on the IMX327LQR sensor: perhaps this solution will be cheaper and more practical. It is a pity that the dynamic range of more than 8 bits is not available: from my own experience I understand that this is very important. I will also write here about my experience with the DFK 33GX462 GigE if I can buy it.
Clear skies!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます