プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Request of an .avi clip to test

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Brian Howell

登録日: 2006.05.22
記事: 39

記事日時: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:21 am    記事の件名: Request of an .avi clip to test 引用付きで返信

I have a demo program that does processing on video to do a high quality conversion from interlaced to progressive scan. When I finally get an observing station set up, I would like to use the software to improve the quality of the clips I capture. Unfortunately I don't have any AVI clips to test the software with.

If someone would be willing to post a short 5 or 10 second original .avi file for me to try it would be appreciated. I will probably be using a Canopus ADVC300 as my capture device so if someone has a clip captured with this device or similar that would be great. I would also like to also try a clip made from another capture device for comparison.

Thanks much.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:13 am    記事の件名: Re: Request of an .avi clip to test 引用付きで返信

Brian Howell wrote:
If someone would be willing to post a short 5 or 10 second original .avi file for me to try it would be appreciated. I will probably be using a Canopus ADVC300 as my capture device so if someone has a clip captured with this device or similar that would be great. I would also like to also try a clip made from another capture device for comparison.

It is too big for posting or mailing.
I can send you 2 second avi (50MB) captured by Canopus ADVC-55 if you have a ftp server and send me the login account for it.
I have Canopus ADVC-200 also but the quality is quite same.
I think Canopus ADVC series have almost best quality in all the capture devices. I am thinking that it may not be worth to doubt.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Brian Howell

記事日時: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:22 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

I have set up a temporary FTP server. I don't know if I did it right or not since I've never run a FTP server before. How do you want me to send the information to you I tried the PM button but it's been disabled.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:26 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Brian Howell wrote:
I have set up a temporary FTP server. I don't know if I did it right or not since I've never run a FTP server before. How do you want me to send the information to you I tried the PM button but it's been disabled.

mial to
the button right side of PM is mail button.

最終編集者 SonotaCo [ Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:19 pm ], 編集回数 1 回
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Brian Howell

記事日時: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:16 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

I've converted the clip to progressive scan and saved it as a .wmv file. Since there isn't much movement in the frame it's hard to tell the progressive version from the interlaced version. You have to look very close at the meteor trail to see the difference. I've never used Windows movie maker before so the clip may not look quite right.

The demo version of the program is limited to a 250 frame conversion, these clips were only 150 frames so it converted ok.

A brighter clip with more motion might convert with a more noticeable difference.
----------- site admin --------
19/12/2007 Movie was deleted because the limit of server volume
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:42 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Brian
Thank you for posting the results.
I checked your wmv, but it is hard to discuss because it seems that the compression of wmv affected a lot.
I noticed that your "original wmv" skips many frames such as 3,6,9,12,...42,... so it looks not smooth.
I think that the compression of recent Windows MovieMaker might be better than yours. It does not miss frames.

About de-interlacing program (it may be called line doubler or double speed conversion),
It is well known that double speed progressing movie is better for human eyes. There are many programs that have those functions.
UFOAnalyzerV2 also has de-interlacing process in it, and is using it for double speed analyzing.

41thframe.jpg
 説明:
41th frmae
 ファイルサイズ:  45.19 KB
 閲覧数:  10811 回

41thframe.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Brian Howell

記事日時: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:07 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

What exactly does UFOAnalyzerV2 do in the de-interlacing process? Does it only remove or keep the even or odd lines? If so doesn't that cut the resolution in half?

The raw progressive video clip is about 150 MB in size verses the interlaced original at 50 MB.

What did you use to do a frame by analysis of my .wmv's UFOAnalyzer?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:37 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Brian Howell wrote:
What exactly does UFOAnalyzerV2 do in the de-interlacing process?

UFOAnalyzerV2 is measuring program and is not file conversion program.
De-interlacing is not a independent process in it. It relates to whole measurement process.
UFOAnalyzerV2 uses time and space domain modeling, and uses field timing as its clock.
The algorism is too huge to explain here.

Brian Howell wrote:
Does it only remove or keep the even or odd lines? If so doesn't that cut the resolution in half?

No, it is not so simple.

Brian Howell wrote:
What did you use to do a frame by analysis of my .wmv's UFOAnalyzer?

It is "A Player" (may be you don't know, DirectShow based player) and screen capture tool.
Therefore, the decoder is MS's DirectShow component for wmv.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます