プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Problems with double trajectories of one meteor image

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Pavdu

登録日: 2008.01.25
記事: 3

記事日時: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:14 am    記事の件名: Problems with double trajectories of one meteor image 引用付きで返信

I have one problem. Paths of some meteors are curved, and when I finish analyzing I have two trajectories for one meteor.

Can anybody help me with this?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12666
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 am    記事の件名: Re: Problems with double trajectories of one meteor image 引用付きで返信

Hi Pavdu
UFOAnalyzer has many functions to improve the accuracy of recognition.
Though it is not perfect, as for meteors, methods below are effective and will bring correct result for most of the cases.

1. Analyze area tuning
At first, the analyze area is set automatically according to the brightness change of pixels.
But there may be noise or improper detected points that disrupt the recognition.
You can restricts the analyze area manually.
Narrower area will bring more accurate result.
"qm" in Mask Editor sheet is easiest tool to restrict the area. It is useful for many cases.

2. Detect level tuning
"ddl" in Main and Profile/Analyze sheet set the default detection threshold level of brightness change.
If you set ddl higher value, then the detected points will decrease and noises will be vanished.
It is effective when a straight object is recognized as "curve" or "flash".
If you set ddl lower value, then the detected points will increase ,lost points will appear and separated trajectory may be joined as one.
It is effective when a when a detected trajectory is too short or separated to multiple objects.

3. Leap length tuning
"leap" in Profile/Analyze sheet set the leap length(pixels) that should be joined.
If you set higher value like 100 then the far leaped trajectory may be joined as one. But it may increase the possibility of wrong connection of points.

4. Analyze time span tuning
"f1" in Profile/Analyze sheet set the first frame position where the analysis begins.
-1 is the default, it means the same timing of detection of UFOCapture(may be equivalent to head setting, 25 or 30).
If the earlier part of the trajectory is missing, set f1 as 10. It will recover the missing part.
-------
I think methods above may solve your problem,
but there is possibility of other reasons.
For example, if you are using fisheye lens and the plate adjustment is not correct, then the path would be recognized as truly curved.
Please let me see the actual sample if you cannot solve it.
-------
Cheers.

M20080723_231847_TK1_S2_.jpg
 説明:
Sample peak hold that one meteor is recognized as two objects
 ファイルサイズ:  34.54 KB
 閲覧数:  7717 回

M20080723_231847_TK1_S2_.jpg

1auto.png
 説明:
Mask edit sheet of the default analysis result
 ファイルサイズ:  169.37 KB
 閲覧数:  7350 回

1auto.png

2qm.png
 説明:
qm tuning
 ファイルサイズ:  161.61 KB
 閲覧数:  7351 回

2qm.png

3dl.png
 説明:
ddl tuning ( Path was joined !! for this case)
 ファイルサイズ:  160.28 KB
 閲覧数:  7352 回

3dl.png

5ME.png
 説明:
Sample of manual edit of analyze area
 ファイルサイズ:  163.61 KB
 閲覧数:  7351 回

5ME.png

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Pavdu

記事日時: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:54 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo, thank you for your help. I, unfortunately, can't analyze this clip today but I have screenshot of that meteor. I wonder does this curved meteod trail maybe is caracteristic of meteor... Maybe it is not problem with lens or mask is not adjusted correctly. Is that possible?

This is screenshot of that meteor (and here it isn't analyzed). When I have analyzing this meteor the resalts were that this clip have two objects, both are meteors and both are recognised as J1_Cap.

I'm new in this, and i don't know english very well and that is one more problem, because I can't understand all in your english manual. And I don't speek japanese.

Do you maybe will write better manual (with more details) soon?

untitled.JPG
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  84.07 KB
 閲覧数:  7667 回

untitled.JPG

トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12666
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:30 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Pavdu wrote:
I wonder does this curved meteod trail maybe is caracteristic of meteor...
Maybe it is not problem with lens or mask is not adjusted correctly. Is that possible?

No, it is not possible.
Precisely, a meter curves by the gravity of earth, but it is very little and cannot be observed in such way.
I think, if it was a true meteor, then the curve was the result of distortion of lens. It is reasonable and likely.
UFOAnalyzer can compensate it and will make one path only, if the profile is adjusted properly.
If the profile adjustment is difficult, I can help you (It nees all clip files (avi,M.bmp,P.bmp or P.jpg,A.XML(analyzed result)).

Pavdu wrote:
Do you maybe will write better manual (with more details) soon?

Sorry, I have no plan to do it now.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Pavdu

記事日時: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:45 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

OK, problem is solved by increasing of ddl to 11.
It is a true meteor and I will analyze another clip of the same meteor today, from another location.
That is the first meteor that will be analyzed seriously.
トップに戻る
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます