プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

My problems with long movies is solved.

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Odin57

登録日: 2008.06.17
記事: 10

記事日時: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 am    記事の件名: My problems with long movies is solved. 引用付きで返信

I solved my incomplete movie problem (post july 25). It arrived because of a bad parameter of the XVID codec. Now all is fine ! Laughing Laughing

I strongly recommend the use of this codec that permits to reduce the size movies without visible quality losses. Wink
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Lightningwizard

登録日: 2007.10.19
記事: 165

記事日時: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:12 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Cool, I will give the codec a try tonight. I use AVI uncompressed because I don't want artifacts but the videos are >30 MB.
Just did a little test with the webcam, Xvid settings to Home profile - max quality quantization - real time with speed modified to ultra high, gives no artifacts at just a few megabytes, but the real test will be the interlacing and noise of the Watec, in dark conditions.

Oscar

http://eurosprite.blogspot.com
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Odin57

記事日時: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Oscar ! Wink

Lightningwizard wrote:
Cool, I will give the codec a try tonight. I use AVI uncompressed because I don't want artifacts but the videos are >30 MB.

Me too, I just want a great quality without compression artifacts. Rolling Eyes

I tried the Divx codec (using some options) but I got everytime noise and many artifacts.
After many test with the Xvid codec I can say that it work very fine. And the videos size are now acceptable. My poor hard disk congratulate my choice Laughing Laughing

Lightningwizard wrote:
Just did a little test with the webcam, Xvid settings to Home profile - max quality quantization - real time with speed modified to ultra high, gives no artifacts at just a few megabytes.

Your Xvid parameters are exactly the same as me.
Beware of the Xvid defaults parameters : it was the reason of my first problem (incomplete videos)
I think (but not sure) it was because the codec cannot compress the video stream at the same speed. So finaly it lose a part of the movie... Evil or Very Mad

Lightningwizard wrote:
but the real test will be the interlacing and noise of the Watec, in dark conditions.

Oscar

Oscar please let us know the results in dark conditions.
After my personnal tests I was unable to detect a difference between non compressed AVI and the Xvid AVI.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Lightningwizard

登録日: 2007.10.19
記事: 165

記事日時: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:11 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

The test is successful for the spritewatch at night, I enabled interlacing in the profile tab. This allows me to keep the info per frame perfectly separated which is needed for sprites and other fast events. This is much better than WMV!! But it also slowed down the processing and made bigger files, perhaps also due to noise. At Ultra High speed detection setting it would cause underrun for long videos, so I went down to High. Then I changed also quantization to 2 instead of 1, which does not decrease quality visibly, perhaps the noise seems a bit milder which would be a positive effect. Some banding in noisy sky only noticeable playing the video but not bad. Files now are typically 5-12 MB per video at full PAL size including stereo sound. My dual core 1.7 GHz runs at around 25-35% CPU, 40-45% if video stream is displayed live, encoding the video of typical length is giving peaks of 60-95%. I will monitor this. Now I hope to get sprites soon!

It would be nice to use XviD for converting my uncompressed AVI files with the same settings, but have yet to find out how... maybe VirtualDub.
Oscar

http://eurosprite.blogspot.com
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Odin57

記事日時: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:29 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Oscar !

Thanks for these informations ! Wink

Lightningwizard wrote:
At Ultra High speed detection setting it would cause underrun for long videos, so I went down to High. Then I changed also quantization to 2 instead of 1, which does not decrease quality visibly, perhaps the noise seems a bit milder which would be a positive effect.

My Xvid version offer only the "High" possibility : not Ultra High is available... Strange. Shocked

Maybe I must load a more recent version of the Xvid codec...

I never use the "quantization" option. Will try this as soon as possible. Very Happy

Lightningwizard wrote:
It would be nice to use XviD for converting my uncompressed AVI files with the same settings, but have yet to find out how... maybe VirtualDub.
Oscar

I use this very good software : quick media converter 3.5.7. (freeware)

It work fine with many codecs, it is very easy to use and it can convert the .flv format (used in youtube and many other website)

Cheers

Phil
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます