Camera resolution in UFOCapture

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
ltgguy

登録日: 2009.09.09
記事: 2
所在地: Tucson, Az

記事日時: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:59 am    記事の件名: Camera resolution in UFOCapture 引用付きで返信

Hi, I've been using UFOCapture to track lightning strikes for a while now (work related).
We are building up a new system to do a lightning study for a customer and we are using some HD capture cards we had around from another project.

When I try to connect UFOCapture to the card, it gives me an error UM012: Media type not matched.

At first I thought it was the 64 bit OS we are using so I backed up and put an older card in I had from testing and it attaches just fine in 640x480.

I'm assuming it has to do with the resolution, but if I try setting the Xi and Yi settings to anything other than 640x480, I get the error. ( I was trying the camera resolution of 768x494)

So:
Does UFOCapture support resolutions other than 640x480?
Has anyone tried using HD capture cards with UFOCapture?

Thanks in advance.
Tommy
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:09 am    記事の件名: Re: Camera resolution in UFOCapture 引用付きで返信

Hi Tommy

UM012 happens when the negotiation between UFOCaptureV2 and the device driver of video capture device on DirectShow interface was failed.
It checks Xi,Yi,Fps and inner video format name(like fourcc code).
UFOCaptureV2 supports Xi,Yi up to 1920x1200, and almost any Fps, but the inner video format is restricted one of follows.
UYUV,YUY2,I420,IYUV,YV12,DVSD,DVHD,RGB8,Y800 (un-compressed formats only)
There are some users who runs Full Pal 720x576, or 1280x1024 Y800.
I guess that your device driver support none of them on DirectShow interface.

As for HD video, there are very few capture devices that gives un-compressed video format.
(As far as I know, Imaging Source devices only).

What is your HD capture device?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
ltgguy

登録日: 2009.09.09
記事: 2
所在地: Tucson, Az

記事日時: Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:30 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

It's this one:

http://www.sabrent.com/#itemID=150&section=Product&itemName=TV%20TUNERS

The other system I built uses another Sabrent card so I thought it would be a fairly easy thing to do... We were hoping to use higher resolution and higher speed cameras when catching lightning.

I'm not sure how to tell if any device supports the internal video formats you list...I guess I got luck with those first cards.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます