SonotaCo.JP
SonotaCo Network Japan Forum
SonotaCo.JP Forum Index
homeTop Page  FAQFAQ   検索検索   メンバーリストメンバーリスト   ユーザーグループユーザーグループ   登録する登録する 
 プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Hello plus pictures of my new Astrovid Fireball Camera!
ページ移動 前へ  1, 2, 3, 4  次へ

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Meteor Hunter

登録日: 2010.02.13
記事: 36

記事日時: Tue May 04, 2010 12:53 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Stephane,

I did notice noise in my system as well, particularly moving faint parallel lines. Can't remember if they were vertical or horizontal. It seemed like interference, but looking around online it seems that there is inherent noise with analogue cameras.

Unfortunately I didn't have another camera to compare to so I had to take it as it was. Hopefully it isn't affecting the detection performance. The noise is more obvious when I look at the system live as a pose to the videos I posted on my blog. Let us know if you find anything during your comparisons.

----------------------------------------
http://meteorhunter.blogspot.com/
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
Stephane

登録日: 2008.10.12
記事: 92

記事日時: Sun May 09, 2010 6:04 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Daniel,

I think that the using of TAMRON 18VA308AS by Astrovid is not a good idea because this part has not a automatic close iris when power supply is OFF. The Fujinon YV2.7x2.9LR4D has this.
So I must put my camera in order to evitate the sun.

About the "the noise picture", I'am testing some tuning about camera.

About PC, an Asus EeepC EB1012 seems to be enough for UFOCapture. I made a first detection (mag 1.41) last night but my fov is of 56°, I would like to put it at 80°. The TAMRON 18VA308AS is not easy to tune comparate with Fujinon YV2.7x2.9LR4D.

Stephane
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Meteor Hunter

記事日時: Sun May 09, 2010 11:48 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Stephane,

Yes I agree with your assessment of the auto close iris, I thought this was dangerous and I made sure to avoid the Sun and Moon completely.

You must have changed the zoom or something to get the 56° as I seem to get less as per the following measurements I originally made - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4bizrvbtcsk/S4jy8DpJwnI/AAAAAAAAAEk/-IJzBS2wh38/s1600-h/FOV+Stars+with+Degrees+Seperation.jpg

Thanks for the feedback on the lens, do you think that other than tuning there is a difference in performance of the lenses? I assume in meteor detection, sharpness isn't as critical as say aperture.

トップに戻る
Stephane

記事日時: Wed May 12, 2010 10:28 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Daniel,

I'm changing my camera and lens. I put my watec902H2U+Tamron in North and put My watec902H2U+Fujinon in South. The Fujinon has a close Iris function when the camera is power off.

Stephane
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Meteor Hunter

記事日時: Fri May 14, 2010 8:42 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Stephane,

Sounds fair enough - one day I hope to add more cameras, once I have everything running smoothly with 1 camera that is. Smile

Speaking of which, I noticed that VMO does not accept any data format other than MetRec. Do you or anyone know if the MetRec is an open format? perhaps I can convert the UFOAnalysis to MetRec?

トップに戻る
Stephane

記事日時: Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Daniel,

My two stations are ON now and . I changed the FOV to be close to 80°.
About MetRec, I don't know if it's an open format. Pehaps Sonotaco know it.

Stephane
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Mon May 24, 2010 11:10 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Daniel and Stephane

Yes, whether VMO can be used by UFOseries or not is the biggest problem now.
Therefore, a meeting was held in this April at ESA in Netherlands to discuss about it.
Almost 20 video meteor observers, network managers, orbit computation code developers from 10 countries including me gathered there.
And discussed around it for 4 days.

There, VMO was decided to be updated to V1.1 that can be used from all over the world including UFOseries.

But current problem is that the key persons are quite busy this year, so the future
is not clear now.

SonotaCo
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Meteor Hunter

記事日時: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo,

It seems that there is agreement, at least in principle, to make VMO compatible with UFO which is great news. I look forward to it. In the meantime I will just collate my results in a spreadsheet and post that on my blog for fun.

However, I haven't had time yet to even use UFOAnalyzer due to other commitments. I am not sure how long it will take to go back over even a month's worth of data. Hopefully it is easy to use Smile

トップに戻る
Meteor Hunter

記事日時: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:00 pm    記事の件名: FTP / SFTP 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo,

I have been trying to configure the FTP feature but have been unsuccessful. UFOCapture keeps giving a message of "The password was not allowed". I have checked and re-checked and even tried different accounts but still no luck.

I noticed that the connection is actually SFTP and not FTP. Does UFOCapture support SFTP? Also when I use FileZilla FTP program I do not need to specify a port. However UFOCapture seems to require a port number.

Any thoughts?

Here is the link that explains it on my ISP: http://members.startlogic.com/knowledgebase/beta/article.bml?ArticleID=1393

トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 am    記事の件名: Re: FTP / SFTP 引用付きで返信

Meteor Hunter wrote:
I noticed that the connection is actually SFTP and not FTP. Does UFOCapture support SFTP? Also when I use FileZilla FTP program I do not need to specify a port. However UFOCapture seems to require a port number.

Sorry, UFOCapture does not support SFTP Sad .
Port no is an option for some special dedicate servers, please use default usually.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Meteor Hunter

記事日時: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am    記事の件名: Temporary Video File 引用付きで返信

Hi SonotaCo,

That's OK, I can live without FTP.

I have another question. I noticed that sometimes there is what looks like the temporary video file left in the capture directory of 0 Bytes.

i.e. T20100330_063057_MEL_C1.AVI 0Bytes

Does this indicate that UFOCapture did not shut down properly?

トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:29 pm    記事の件名: Re: Temporary Video File 引用付きで返信

Meteor Hunter wrote:
I have another question. I noticed that sometimes there is what looks like the temporary video file left in the capture directory of 0 Bytes.

i.e. T20100330_063057_MEL_C1.AVI 0Bytes

Does this indicate that UFOCapture did not shut down properly?

Probably you are right.
It is the temporal avi file that should be deleted at the end of detection.
So it means the detection ending procedure was not taken.
Thank you for understanding.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Meteor Hunter

記事日時: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:53 pm    記事の件名: Corrupt UFOCapture file 引用付きで返信

OK - because UFOCapture is supposed to be turning off my PC and then the UPS should turn off the power. If I have the timing slightly out then perhaps there is a problem there. I have been analyzing my 4 months of data so I am chasing down all the 'loose ends'. I will have plenty of analysis questions later too Smile

I also had one case so far of a corrupted recording, i.e. the AVI file had to be repaired and did not show the capture. I am pretty sure that it was at the time I was remoting to the PC and using FTP to transfer lots of data.

Can heavy HDD access cause problems with UFOCapture?

トップに戻る
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:20 am    記事の件名: Re: Corrupt UFOCapture file 引用付きで返信

Meteor Hunter wrote:
Can heavy HDD access cause problems with UFOCapture?

Yes of course.
The quantity of un-compressed video data stream is tremendously large.
Ex. 720x480x16x30 = 158Mbit/sec
It is almost full bandwidth of usual HDD. So if there are some other task that uses HDD, the HDD may not be able to catch up the input stream.
Also, CPU load is very heavy. Please watch cpu load by task manager.
It should be under 95% for single core non-HT processor (under 22% for dual core HT CPU ...).
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Meteor Hunter

記事日時: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:40 pm    記事の件名: False Positives 引用付きで返信

Thank you for the confirmation, I had thought HDD access would be an issue, but I hadn't considered the CPU load, so it was worth asking Smile

I have a question on UFOCapture configuration. I have noticed that I am still picking up a lot of false positives in the form of:

1) Planes (Can waste ~600MB)
2) Helicopters (Can waste ~800MB)
3) Noise (usually standard 50MB in size - not sure the source)
4) Lightning (747 files on a stormy night - 50GB!!)

I want to optimise the settings for meteors only. I have attached screen shots of my current settings. Is this ok and I should live with the extra captures or can it be optimised further for meteors?

Input TAB.jpg
 説明:
Input TAB
 ファイルサイズ:  89.81 KB
 閲覧数:  11158 回

Input TAB.jpg

Operation TAB.jpg
 説明:
Operation TAB
 ファイルサイズ:  90.95 KB

Operation TAB.jpg

M20100403_030118_MEL_C1T.jpg
 説明:
Example of slow moving plane resulting in file size of 596MB and 30sec worth of capture
 ファイルサイズ:  9.61 KB

M20100403_030118_MEL_C1T.jpg

M20100305_063203_MEL_C1T.jpg
 説明:
Example of noise resulting in 50MB capture - I am guessing that this is electrically induced, perhaps an air conditioner on the circuit that the UPS is not filtering...
 ファイルサイズ:  7.67 KB

M20100305_063203_MEL_C1T.jpg

トップに戻る
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
ページ移動 前へ  1, 2, 3, 4  次へ
Page 3 of 4

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます