前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
james

登録日: 2011.01.27
記事: 10

記事日時: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:53 pm    記事の件名: Horizontal banding in images 引用付きで返信

I'm in the early stages of setting up my meteor camera, some details here:
http://deepspaceplace.com/meteor.php

I'm getting horizontal banding in the stacked images, refer to the attached example to see what I mean.
My settings are:
Camera = WAT-902H2
Xi=720 Yi=480 Fps29.970

Is this normal? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

James

M20111006_213548_Donvale_CaP.jpg
 説明:
Example image of banding
 ファイルサイズ:  21.21 KB
 閲覧数:  7420 回

M20111006_213548_Donvale_CaP.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:08 am    記事の件名: Re: Horizontal banding in images 引用付きで返信

Hi James

I have experienced similar horizontal banding using Watec cameras.
I think it is signal un-stability of the camera.
I forgot how I resolved it precisely ....
but it might be changing of video cable, combination of camera and capture equipment, power adaptor, or gain setting of camera....
Sorry, it becomes almost useless information Embarassed , but anyway I resolved it by something like that.

By the way, I saw your homepages. It is very nice and beautiful.
Do you live in Australia? if so, it is exciting, because southern hemisphere meteor observatory is very few.

From the avi file on the page, It seems you are using the gain setting of the WAT-902H HI. I am using gain:LO to reduce noise and increase S/N. I believe it contributes to increase the number of meteor captures.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
james

記事日時: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Quote:
Do you live in Australia? if so, it is exciting, because southern hemisphere meteor observatory is very few.

Yes, I'm in Melbourne. This first camera is set up at my home, but I hope to set up the next camera at our Astronomy clubs dark sky site.

Quote:
From the avi file on the page, It seems you are using the gain setting of the WAT-902H HI. I am using gain:LO to reduce noise and increase S/N. I believe it contributes to increase the number of meteor captures.

Thanks for the suggestion - I'll try it on low...

Its strange because I only see the banding in the stacked images. The video file (captured by UFOCapture) is nice and clean - (the video on my site was taken with different software)

Anyhow, I'll keep you informed about my progress.And thankyou for UFOCapture - it's an amazing piece of software.

James
トップに戻る
Lightningwizard

登録日: 2007.10.19
記事: 165

記事日時: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:54 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Isn't the banding coming from the video capture device? This indeed shows up when stacking. I've seen only vertical banding, though.

Oscar

http://eurosprite.blogspot.com
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
james

記事日時: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:42 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Quote:
Isn't the banding coming from the video capture device? This indeed shows up when stacking.

It could be, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
Could it be that I have resolution set wrong? (Incorrect number of horizontal rows)?
James[/quote]
トップに戻る
tomasir79

登録日: 2011.11.14
記事: 1

記事日時: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:14 pm    記事の件名: Re: Horizontal banding in images 引用付きで返信

james wrote:
I'm in the early stages of setting up my meteor camera, some details here:
http://deepspaceplace.com/meteor.php

I'm getting horizontal banding in the stacked images, refer to the attached example to see what I mean.
My settings are:
Camera = WAT-902H2
Xi=720 Yi=480 Fps29.970

Hello,

Have you finally managed to solve that problem? I believe I got the same issue:

I use following camera: Tayama C3102-01A1 with computar 4 mm 1.2 lense + usb tv capture card.

thank you in advance for your help
tomasir
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Bill W

登録日: 2012.02.13
記事: 182
所在地: Glasgow

記事日時: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:04 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hello,

I've just joined the forum but have been using UFO Capture for several years.

The effects you see on the co-added images, the banding and square matrix effects, are caused by the frame grabber.

I had some discussions about this with fellow IMO observers at the IMC in Armagh in 2009.

Different frame grabbers use different chipsets which in turn use different compression methodologies. Even though the video that is grabbed by the PC might be uncompressed the video signal has already undergone some processing in the frame grabber. It is difficult if not impossible to find out exactly what though.

Over the years I have tried several versions of 5 different brands (Belkin, Hauppage etc) and some are better than others.

Cosmetically its a bit of a nuisance but I don't think a lot that can be done to remove it at the capturing stage.

Cheers,

Bill.
トップに戻る
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます