SonotaCo.JP
SonotaCo Network Japan Forum
SonotaCo.JP Forum Index
homeTop Page  FAQFAQ   検索検索   メンバーリストメンバーリスト   ユーザーグループユーザーグループ   登録する登録する 
 プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

UFOCapture automatically delete all my clips ?

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
mvaillant

登録日: 2013.01.22
記事: 1

記事日時: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:58 pm    記事の件名: UFOCapture automatically delete all my clips ? 引用付きで返信

Hello,

A first word to say that I'm very happy that software as UFOCapture exists, and I would like to warmly thanks the author(s).

I would like to report a strange behavior of UFOCapture 2.2 with a main imaging source which is an USB cam DMK 51AU02.AS, in resolution of 1600 x 1200 pixels.

My problem is that when I manually ran a capture (using DETECT/REC button and then after a few minutes STOP), a temporary file is created but as soon as I STOP the capture, the file is immediately destroyed and no trace of it is kept in the UFOCapture database ...

Curiously, the *first time* I tried UFOCapture it works, but since this time all my files are always deleted ...

Also, notice that during my tests a temporay files is created, which size growth during the detection/recording phase, but the file is not preserved.

Do you have an idea of what might happen?

Thanks for any help,

Michael
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm    記事の件名: Re: UFOCapture automatically delete all my clips ? 引用付きで返信

Hi Michael
Welcome here, I'm the author.
mvaillant wrote:
My problem is that when I manually ran a capture (using DETECT/REC button and then after a few minutes STOP), a temporary file is created but as soon as I STOP the capture, the file is immediately destroyed and no trace of it is kept in the UFOCapture database ...

Push "Rec" button again instead of "Stop" button.
"Stop" will cancel all incompleted clips.
"Rec" button will change to "Rec off" when the recording started, and it terminates the recording normally.
Be aware that because of the time shift, Rec off button will take a second to work.

Also, 1600x1200 is very big.
If you use scintillation mask at this resolution on UFOCaptureV2, it can be too heavy load for current processors.
I don't know what happens at 12fps actually .....

If you want to do it safely, please use UFOCaptureHD2 now in beta test.
It uses parallel processing on 4 logical processors, so that HD night sky observation will be possible.
see
http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2892
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
mvaillant

登録日: 2013.01.22
記事: 1

記事日時: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hello,

Thanks you for your answer and advice !
Effectively, after clicking on RECOFF and after waiting for approximatively one minute the clip was stored in the DB... Because of this time-gap, in my tests, I was not expecting for a record and so clicked on "stop".

I'm running on windows XP 64bits with an Intel Xeon 3,07 GHz (Quad Core).
With UFO Capture v2 the CPU load do not exceed 55% with one core.

As you suggested I'm going to test the last version of UFOCaptureHD2 to see what I could expect.

Thanks again for all,

Michael
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

congratulations
mvaillant wrote:
approximatively one minute the clip was stored in the DB... Because of this time-gap,

Oh! one minute Exclamation
I guess it can happen head = 30, tail = 30 and the frame rate is 1 fps (1 seconds shutter).
you can decrease head and tail setting if you are using so slow frame rate.

Well 1fps may not cause any performance problem, but I am afraid motion detection may not work well, because under 10fps is too slow as "motion".
I guess because of the sensitivity, you are selecting the frame rate.
It depends on your purpose, but if it is for meteors, than I still recommend to use more sensitive camera and faster frame rate.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます