プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

UFO capture V2 crashing occasionally after PC reset

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
tkuhmone

登録日: 2014.08.26
記事: 56

記事日時: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:37 am    記事の件名: UFO capture V2 crashing occasionally after PC reset 引用付きで返信

hello,

I have a problem with UFO capture on my two card environment:
http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3348

It has appeared now three times. Typically there is some win7 update done and system needs reset to get updates valid. I have activated win7 to start UFO capture automatically on PC boot-up. Setting "start detect on activation" is "ON" at UFO capture also.

In this situation UFO capture does try to start, but fails due to "UM012: media type not matched" -error. After this, if you press ok - then whole program crashed and it closes itself. If I try to manually re-start program once, it has same issue.

I still have not been able to re-produce this issue myself, so the investigation continues... How shall I continue troubleshooting in this case ?
In automatic setup I have -for example after UPS battery runs out and PC is closed and recovered, it could render the whole station useless...

I have been able to recover UFO capture, by deleting "settings.ufi" file and re-registering plus configuring UFO capture. Not a convenient way to do it every time.
I have the remote PC now in "faulty state" <- in case something needs to be checked at UFO capture. I still can see video signal in other capture application (like virtualdub) - I cannot set there correctly PAL/NTSC mode
but video anyway in my understanding is ok.

Is there a method in UFO capture v2 to see internal logs of the software?
What are parameters (and conditions) that leads to UM012 error in UFO capture v2 ?

thanks, Timo K.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:17 am    記事の件名: Re: UFO capture V2 crashing occasionally after PC reset 引用付きで返信

tkuhmone wrote:

I have activated win7 to start UFO capture automatically on PC boot-up. Setting "start detect on activation" is "ON" at UFO capture also.

The startup sequence is delicate, so there can happen many un-explainable troubles.
UM012 happens when Xi Yi Fps tessing is not matched to the device driver spec, but this can happen when the device driver is not ready.
Also There are many devices that need acutual power down at least a few seconds to normal restart.

And, at leastt a few minutes interval is necessary between Windows start - UFOCapture start and UFOCapture start - Detection start.
So I think it is impossible to manage the unexpected reboot.
Stop automated windows update, but do Windows update manually.

And I recommend to do followings for automated daily start up.
Do not activate UFOCapture at PC boot-up but activate NightTimeShcedular and activate UFOCapture from NightTimeSchedular.
(this is also to avoid the slow i/o mode for the startuped program on Windows)
Set "start detect on activation" of UFOCapture OFF, but use detect schedule in Operation sheet instead.

NightTimeSchedular is below.
http://sonotaco.com/soft/download/NS001.ZIP
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
tkuhmone

記事日時: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:20 pm    記事の件名: Re: UFO capture V2 crashing occasionally after PC reset 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:

The startup sequence is delicate, so there can happen many un-explainable troubles.
UM012 happens when Xi Yi Fps tessing is not matched to the device driver spec, but this can happen when the device driver is not ready.
Also There are many devices that need acutual power down at least a few seconds to normal restart.

And, at leastt a few minutes interval is necessary between Windows start - UFOCapture start and UFOCapture start - Detection start.
So I think it is impossible to manage the unexpected reboot.
Stop automated windows update, but do Windows update manually.

Do not activate UFOCapture at PC boot-up but activate NightTimeShcedular and activate UFOCapture from NightTimeSchedular.
Set "start detect on activation" of UFOCapture OFF, but use detect schedule in Operation sheet instead.

About automatic win7 updates, I have already earlier disabled it. The UFO capture behaviour described in this thread, happened when manual updates done (to Avast). Other occasions I saw during win7 updates.

Also other sw might do updates outside of win7 updates. Usually I disable them also (set to manual mode). For long periods, I cannot disable antivirus and security software updates, due to risk it causes...

I did some investigation on the PC, where this problem appeared. PC was still on same state after first reboot (where original issue appear). I did reset settings back and forth of 720*576 25fps <-> 640*480 25fps for both cards. Then UFO capture was ok again (preview and detect works).

I try to repeat problem here again.... I post info later.

最終編集者 tkuhmone [ Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:44 am ], 編集回数 1 回
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
tkuhmone

記事日時: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 am    記事の件名: Re: UFO capture V2 crashing occasionally after PC reset 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:

I divided this part of talk, to another thread. Hopefully it is more simple to follow then...
http://sonotaco.jp/forum/viewtopic.php?p=37362
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
tkuhmone

記事日時: Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:25 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

tried to re-produce problem...

procedure:
-delete settings.ufi, recover settings to 720*576 - 25fps
-check that one copy of UFO capture can preview and detect on one camera at a time -> ok
-operation: save settings -> settings.ufi
-close UFO capture
-re-start one copy of UFO capture, all still ok
-close UFO capture
-reboot PC remotely, wait 10min after reboot done
-start UFO capture again (manually)
-card #1, 720*576 preview not ok due to UM012 (no crash here)
-card #1, 720*576 detect not ok due to UM012 (crash after this)
-test card #2, not ok due to UM012 error

I was able to repeat it, any ideas where to troubleshoot?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:54 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

I think the important part is below.

tkuhmone wrote:

I guess this happens even using only one card. Is it correct?

If so, the problem becomes simple.
I think it means the device driver requires actual power down
to reset its inner status(system reboot is not enough for it).
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
tkuhmone

記事日時: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:28 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:

tkuhmone wrote:

....Maybe I need to clarify my system... When I mentioned "card #1" or "card #2", I referred to a video input of a card inside of UFO capture, that I try to test one at a time. I have currently two physical capture cards on one PC (both are same model --> Hauppauge Impact VCB PCIe). Per one card, there is one composite video input.

I do not have possibility to immediately remove a second card from PC. The station is located in a different city 400km away from here. I use only on remote connection (Teamviewer). I will of course consider removing second card of system later this year (propably weeks 51/52) when I go remote location during christmas time. Hopefully that will reveal, is the problem there...

Also due to remote connection, I cannot shut down down the PC yet. If I would do it, I could not access the whole station, because of Teamviever not running on remote end. I have thought of expanding my system with second PC and remote controlled 230V AC outlet. That would allow remote power off reboot...

thanks, Timo
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
tkuhmone

記事日時: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:43 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

SonotaCo wrote:

tkuhmone wrote:

I have tested the shutdown of the PC, then start it normally again. In this test I had two Hauppauge cards on same PC. After startup, the UFO capture shows UM012 -error for both cards.

Currently I do not have possibility to remove physically second card. I will try this when next time go to station location...
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
tkuhmone

記事日時: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:55 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

I did now a test - where I physically removed second capture card (Hauppauge Impact VCB PCIe) inside of a single PC. Still have the same behaviour, UM012 error after reboot. It happens in both cases, if PC is rebooted normally or if PC is shutdown by power off.

UFO capture can be recovered by putting temporarily settings to NTSC with 720*480 29.97fps. And then back again to normal PAL-B with 720*576 25fps. After that, no more UM012 error...
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます