SonotaCo.JP
SonotaCo Network Japan Forum
SonotaCo.JP Forum Index
homeTop Page  FAQFAQ   検索検索   メンバーリストメンバーリスト   ユーザーグループユーザーグループ   登録する登録する 
 プロフィールプロフィール   プライベートメッセージをチェックするプライベートメッセージをチェックする   ログインログイン 

Bright fireball at 22nd Dec 2017 (Finland)

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
tkuhmone

登録日: 2014.08.26
記事: 56

記事日時: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:54 am    記事の件名: Bright fireball at 22nd Dec 2017 (Finland) 引用付きで返信

Here is one of Watec 910 captures, that I consider the few best of the year. This fireball at central Finland, was visible through a cloud layer for my own station. Sonic booms were heard in the near region, after some delay.

There is some bright flashes seen at end of fireball visible flight. During that time, maybe some particles were disintegrated from main meteor body.
Some small meteorite fragments were estimated to fall, but very difficult to search those because of snow on the ground and additional snowfall after visible fireball flight Sad
https://youtu.be/663M28lDV0E

M20171222_180543__P.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  54.88 KB
 閲覧数:  5230 回

M20171222_180543__P.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:13 am    記事の件名: Re: Bright fireball at 22nd Dec 2017 (Finland) 引用付きで返信

tkuhmone wrote:
Sonic booms were heard in the near region, after some delay

Wow... thank you for the news!
I have never heard of those. Sad

Here, we had only one meteor in 14 years, that was recorded by sonic boom sensor and seismic network in Japan.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
tkuhmone

登録日: 2014.08.26
記事: 56

記事日時: Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:27 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

here is analysis what was soon published by URSA. It is in finnish, maybe google could translate...
https://www.avaruus.fi/uutiset/tahtiharrastus-ja-taivaanilmiot/terveisia-avaruudesta-pihtiputaalle-ja-kinnulaan-perjantai-illan-tulipallon-mallinnus-valmistui.html

I did not hear any sound(s) of this case. Mainly because I was indoors, maybe TV or radio on. But if I have been out at same time - I am quite sure sounds have been able to hear.

Based on the links analysis, the initial mass of meteor (in atmospheric entry phase) was estimated to be few tens of kilograms. If correctly remember, inital speed was little bit over 20km/sec.

If there is some fragmets on the ground (based on analysis I believe it) they will be lost...

In the wintertime most ideal location to search possible dropped fragmets, would be lake ice without any snow cover...
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます