Uncertainty

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
Marty McGuire

登録日: 2017.10.26
記事: 8

記事日時: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:46 pm    記事の件名: Uncertainty 引用付きで返信

I am wondering if there is a way that UFO Analyzer measures the uncertainty of the meteor's path. If there is, how can I find out what it is for each meteor?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:16 pm    記事の件名: Re: Uncertainty 引用付きで返信

Marty McGuire wrote:
I am wondering if there is a way that UFO Analyzer measures the uncertainty of the meteor's path. If there is, how can I find out what it is for each meteor?

UA2 measures uncertainty values below.
FOV plate adjustment error (ddeg: average direction error (degree) of ref stars).
Meteor trajectory linearity error(cceg: residual of least square err on straight line fitting(degree)).
FOV magnutude measurement error.
Fig below shows
ddeg = 0.018 degree for 8 ref stars
cdeg = 0.010 degree for 46 (=0.751*59.94 + 1) fields.

Our uncertainty computation method is under improvement.
Please refer below and its references.
SonotaCo 2017 "Exhaustive error computation on 3 or more simultaneous meteor observations" WGN 45:5 p95

WS000005.png
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  170.22 KB
 閲覧数:  5216 回

WS000005.png

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Marty McGuire

登録日: 2017.10.26
記事: 8

記事日時: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:00 am    記事の件名: Different Issue 引用付きで返信

Thank You for the information about the uncertainty!

I am now having a different issue with UFO Analyzer. I am not able to make any blue points of the scintillation mask appear on the Mask Editor screen. There are many stars visible in the frame, and the reference stars are overlapped near perfectly with them.

Some time ago I was able to match 48 reference stars to stars on the scintillation mask. I saved that profile and am trying to use it with newer videos, but no matter what I press, I see no blue stars. Please let me know if you know a solution to this problem. I can send you pictures of my screen if that would help.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:29 am    記事の件名: Re: Different Issue 引用付きで返信

Marty McGuire wrote:
Thank You for the information about the uncertainty!

I am now having a different issue with UFO Analyzer. I am not able to make any blue points of the scintillation mask appear on the Mask Editor screen. There are many stars visible in the frame, and the reference stars are overlapped near perfectly with them.

Some time ago I was able to match 48 reference stars to stars on the scintillation mask. I saved that profile and am trying to use it with newer videos, but no matter what I press, I see no blue stars. Please let me know if you know a solution to this problem. I can send you pictures of my screen if that would help.

To discuss about problems, please describe your system first.
Lens, cam, capture hardware, resolution, fps... are you observing meteors?

Generally blue dot problem is not setting of UA2, but UFOCapture.
You can see the scintillation mask by Preview option MaskW ON while you see the stars in the live video.
There, tune SMlevel properly to see appropriate number of white marks.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます