新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:44 pm    記事の件名: RE: Successfully downloaded beta V2 and UFOfree.... Finally! 引用付きで返信

Hi
Quote:
Long exposure(4 seconds), or a similar variation might be possible with V2. Will need to experiment with settings, frame rates, modifications etc., to enhance webcams ability for serious meteor work.

ToUcam can take beautiful astrophotography in the still picture.
However, I think that sensitivity is still insufficient for meteors.
UFOCaptureV2 may work with exposure time 4sec (0.25fps), but most moving objects exist only in one frame, so Min(frm) should be set to 1. The observation by such a setting has not been done, and is not recommended.
I recommend the video camera of high sensitivity and the video capture board of the software encode.

Aayway, I will mail you beta test key.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
thedavid2007

登録日: 2006.08.15
記事: 26

記事日時: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:18 am    記事の件名: Re: Successfully downloaded beta V2 and UFOfree.... Finally! 引用付きで返信

Anonymous wrote:
It appears that it is necessary to download directly to WinZip for a zip file to be received in the correct size on an e-Machine computer.

UFO free is working with the Philips ToUcam SC-1 without difficulty.

However I need to see if I can get more performance out of the ToUcam for meteor work using beta version 2. The greatest difficulty is the ToUcams lack of sensitivity. It is <1 lux.

Long exposure(4 seconds), or a similar variation might be possible with V2. Will need to experiment with settings, frame rates, modifications etc., to enhance webcams ability for serious meteor work.

I have sent you the information on this system by e-mail and will appreciate the temporary key should you decide to send it. Thankyou. -Larry Stange

Here's the proof that you don't need long exposure for the Philips Toucam to capture meteors.

Camera: Philips Toucam with auto-exposure enabled
Lens: Computar 3.5mm with Baader ultraviolet and infrared rejection filter

UFOCapture settings: AVI capture at 5 frames per second, 320 x 240 resolution

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Robert J Cobain

登録日: 2006.04.25
記事: 79

記事日時: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:39 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hey well done David! I think I can even see some stars in the frame there? If so then you will be able to run it through UFOAnalyzer!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
thedavid2007

登録日: 2006.08.15
記事: 26

記事日時: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:15 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Robert J Cobain wrote:
Hey well done David! I think I can even see some stars in the frame there? If so then you will be able to run it through UFOAnalyzer!

Thanks. Yes, this camera can pick up some of the brighter stars. I've never tried UFOAnalyzer. What does it do?

Just caught another.

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:45 am    記事の件名: Re: Successfully downloaded beta V2 and UFOfree.... Finally! 引用付きで返信

Hi
thedavid2007 wrote:
Here's the proof that you don't need long exposure for the Philips Toucam to capture meteors.

Oh!! great! Exclamation
I believe this is the first success of ToUcam with UFOCapture.
Though the capturing of color movies is very difficult, you have done it.
I can see faint colors on your movie Shocked .

Of course 5 frames / second is rather slow compared with 60 fields / second of normal NTSC video cameras.
It corresponds to almost 20db of gain if the meteor is slow enough.

congratulations!!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
Robert J Cobain

登録日: 2006.04.25
記事: 79

記事日時: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:22 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi David,

UFOAnalyzer is a piece of software that will analyze the meteor videos (and other objects) and project the trail backwards to see what radiant the meteor came from. It will give you some other useful data like angular velocity and approximate magnitude. It is invaluable! Although I don't know how it will perform (or even work at all) if the frame rate is only 5 fps. Robert.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます