Two FLIR USB3 cameras & UFOCaptureHD2

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
geosweiningen

登録日: 2013.10.31
記事: 39
所在地: Val Terbi, Switzerland

記事日時: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:12 pm    記事の件名: Two FLIR USB3 cameras & UFOCaptureHD2 引用付きで返信

Dear SonotaCo

I am trying to finish my 2 x remote TLE camera system and have two questions I would like to ask.
I am using 2 identical FLIR (BlackFly) USB3 cameras (BFLY-U3-23S6M-C). Tests with one camera were successful. Now I wanted to add the second camera. In the manufacturer application (FlyCapture2) both cameras are recognized separately and run parallel without any problems.

In UFOCaptureHD2 V 4.27 indput dropdown field only one camera is available. Do you have any idea what this could be or what I can do so that the second camera can also be selected?

I also have the situation that as soon as I run UFOCaptureHD2 in detect mode, the UFOCapture window pushes into the foreground after 1-2 seconds as the active window (Win7 and Win10). Working on the PC with active UC is therefore hardly possible. I did not have this problem in previous UCHD versions. Do you have any idea why that might be?

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards

Roger

blckfly.JPG
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  92.06 KB
 閲覧数:  10079 回

blckfly.JPG

ptgr.JPG
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  63.04 KB
 閲覧数:  10079 回

ptgr.JPG

ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 12653
所在地: 139.67E 35.65N

記事日時: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:52 am    記事の件名: Re: Two FLIR USB3 cameras & UFOCaptureHD2 引用付きで返信

geosweiningen wrote:
In UFOCaptureHD2 V 4.27 indput dropdown field only one camera is available. Do you have any idea what this could be or what I can do so that the second camera can also be selected?

It seems PointGray device driver does not provide appropriate device enumerator on general DIRECTSHOW interface.
It is a matter of device driver maker. It seems there is no way to use multiple PointGray cameras now.

ImagingSource and BlackMagic Device diver is implemented well to show the multiple devices on the list.

geosweiningen wrote:
the UFOCapture window pushes into the foreground after 1-2 seconds as the active window (Win7 and Win10). Working on the PC with active UC is therefore hardly possible. I did not have this problem in previous UCHD versions. Do you have any idea why that might be?

Yes, it is.
The every second window order management is needed on some PC environment to see the Live window, but it is not needed on most of PCs.
I will make it as an option on the next version. Please wait for a few days.

IMG_20190804_072102.jpg
 説明:
ImagingSource DMK33GX290e x 2
 ファイルサイズ:  649.35 KB
 閲覧数:  10069 回

IMG_20190804_072102.jpg

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
geosweiningen

記事日時: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:48 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Dear SonotaCo,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply and the information. So I'll talk to the manufacturer and in the worst case I'll switch to ImagingSource.

One last question: what about the licenses for UFOCaptureHD2, if I want to run two instances on one computer, do I need two licenses, or how can I register both correctly (an Execution Direcotry must be specified)?

Best regards

geosweiningen

記事日時: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:51 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Oh, yeah, many thanks for the adaptation concerning window order management. This makes the work much easier. Best regards, Roger
SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:48 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

geosweiningen wrote:

One last question: what about the licenses for UFOCaptureHD2, if I want to run two instances on one computer, do I need two licenses, or how can I register both correctly (an Execution Direcotry must be specified)?

UFOCaptureHD2 license is per computer, so one license is enough for one computer.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
geosweiningen

記事日時: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:07 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Ok, thank you. It seems that I am too stupid for the registration. I copied the whole HD directory to a second hard drive. If I now register the software in the first directory, the software in the second directory loses the registration and vice versa. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Best regards
Roger

-----
Admin deleted an Image.

SonotaCo
Site Admin

記事日時: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:24 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

geosweiningen wrote:
Ok, thank you. It seems that I am too stupid for the registration. I copied the whole HD directory to a second hard drive. If I now register the software in the first directory, the software in the second directory loses the registration and vice versa. Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Best regards
Roger

one time registration/ReInstall ax is enough for one computer.
Im not sure but, the problem may be caused by the copy of *.ufi file in the direcory that contains settings.

Try below
Delete Settings.ufi file in the second directory.
Do/check registration at the first directory,
Run UFOHD2.exe again in the second direcory and set parameters.

Multiple instances on one computer is very complex and delicate, please solve problems by your self.

License information should be kept in secrect, please do not publish the UFOHD2_REG smapshot. I delete your snapshot in the post above.

---------------
UFOCaptureHD2 V4.30 has been released. This contains the option of zorder management

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
geosweiningen

記事日時: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:58 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thank you for the zorder management. Works fine. The registration problem still exists, but I will try to solve this by myself and not bother you with it anymore. Again many thanks and best regards
Skymagic

登録日: 2016.07.26
記事: 27

記事日時: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:39 pm    記事の件名: Experience of using the BFLY-U3-23S6M-C camera for meteors? 引用付きで返信

Dear geosweiningen, hello!

Your experience of using the BFLY-U3-23S6M-C camera is very interested. Several years ago I tried to use a Basler Ace acA1920-40gm camera based on the same IMX249 sensor, but I did not like it, because the sensitivity turned out to be low, there were few stars in the frame and a lot of noise even at 25 fps. As a result, I had to return to the analog Watec WAT-910HX, although I really want digital cameras.

If it does not bother you, please tell us with what settings you used the BFLY-U3-23S6M-C? What were the resolution of the frame, fps? Was binning used? Which lens did you use? If there was no auto iris in the lens, how did you solve the issue of protecting the camera sensor from direct sunlight?

Also it would be VERY interesting to see meteor videos obtained using the BFLY-U3-23S6M-C.

Thank you very much in advance!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
geosweiningen

記事日時: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:39 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi Skymagic,

I intend to use the camera for TLE observations. The sensitivity should be sufficient for this. Good examples can be found on the Lightningwizard page.

I can't say much about the camera settings yet, because I'm still at the beginning of the tests. Currently I'm filming with 1080p30. The camera would theoretically allow 41fps, but my PC can't do more than 30fps.

At the moment I use 25/50 mm Naivitar f0.95 lenses, which cause unpleasant picture effects under f1.0. The topic auto iris is a problem. My camera is operated on a PTZ. Every morning the camera is turned to the north and tilted down to escape the sunlight. But the whole thing is risky, e.g. in case of power failure. We therefore consider using Auto Iris lenses and supplying them with power ourselves.

I have an accidentally recorded meteor video: https://youtu.be/mMUfKMRRHKw (the original is 630 MB).

Best regards
Roger

kitty.jpg
 説明:
 ファイルサイズ:  56.07 KB
 閲覧数:  9915 回

kitty.jpg

flir.jpg
 説明:

ダウンロード
 ファイル名:  flir.jpg
 ファイルサイズ:  246.91 KB
 ダウンロード回数:  327 回

Skymagic

登録日: 2016.07.26
記事: 27

記事日時: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:41 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

WOW! Shocked

Dear Roger,
I am absolutely convinced that your solution to the problem of protecting the camera from the sun is one of the most radical Very Happy. My regards! Unfortunately, such systems are quite expensive and I can’t afford ... Auto-iris lenses can be powered separately from the camera: I did this and everything worked very successfully, you just need to apply a constant voltage of about 3 volts to the corresponding contacts. The problem is that almost all auto-iris lenses have a CS mount, while the vast majority of interesting cameras have a type C mount, without the possibility of backward compatibility.

I sincerely hope that you will succeed! If there is a desire and opportunity, please share your progress on the forum: for sure it will be interesting not only to me, but also to many others.

Thank you very much for the links and photos: it was VERY interesting!

Clear skies!
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
geosweiningen

記事日時: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:44 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hello, everybody,

I was able to solve the problem with the two USB cameras thanks to great FLIR support. Now both cameras are running. If you have the same problem, you can find instructions here: https://www.flir.com/support-center/iis/machine-vision/knowledge-base/using-directshow-with-multiple-cameras/

The easiest way is to open the RegistryControlUtility and untick the "Hide Selection Dialog" checkbox on the DirectShow tab. After that, there should be a camera selection window each time you try to start a camera and you can choose one camera for each instance of your software.

It is important to know that only one PointGrey camera is displayed in UC (!), that’s just a dummy entry. Only when you select the PointGrey entry and start detecting, the application FlyCapture opens and you can select the desired camera. Unfortunately, this process cannot be automated.

CS,R

geosweiningen

記事日時: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:45 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Thank you Skymagic!
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます