Please support RTSP IP Cameras

新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English
前のトピックを表示 :: 次のトピックを表示  
投稿者 メッセージ
astrojucar

登録日: 2018.08.21
記事: 2

記事日時: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:57 pm    記事の件名: Please support RTSP IP Cameras 引用付きで返信

First of all, congratulations for your wonderful UfoCapture software! It is really unique in its field.

I am a member in a small Astronomy group in Spain, and we have been testing your demo version of UfoCapture for meteor registration.

As you probably know, there are wonderful (and cheap) chinese IP cameras with really sensitive sensors which perform really great (25fps and you can see stars!!) . Sony Starlight Starvis cameras with IMX291 chip for less than 50$. Surprised

We struggled to make them work with UfoCapture and we managed to do so with Vmix software, which creates a "virtual" camera which works with UfoCapture and accepts a rtsp imput.

The results are really good, but Vmix license is really really expensive (700$ !!) and we haven't managed to make it work whith any other software because UfoCapture only accepts raw video.

I read some posts where you said you didn't intend to support IP RTSP cameras, as they don't offer raw video or scientific quality, but I urge you to reconsider supporting RTSP protocol please. See attached results, and judge yourself.

Many tanks.

Juan Carlos

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/SIP-E291DT-1-2-9-SONY-CMOS-IMX291-3516D-Super-Low-lux-CCTV-H-265-2/1510038_32822031613.html

トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
SonotaCo
Site Admin

登録日: 2004.08.07
記事: 9352
所在地: 139.66E 35.65N

記事日時: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 am    記事の件名: Re: Please support RTSP IP Cameras 引用付きで返信

Oh, thank you for amazing information, it is enough to motivate something.

Low cost HD cameras with Sony STARVIS sensors, and hi-resolution low cost lenses ...
It sounds it is entering a new generation.

Besides RTSP, at least, I will test the sensor and the lenses.
If they have possibilities to record what we could see ever,
then it may become a big motivation for next.

But, as you know, RTSP requires video compression which have variety and revolution.
It concerns detection/measurement algorithm and requires fair test and development for each, for many type of events.
So I have been searching methods that does not use compression.
and saying "please solve problems by your pocket money if it is fair cost, and achieve what human could not do ever".
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示   投稿者のウェブサイトに移動
Skymagic

登録日: 2016.07.26
記事: 8

記事日時: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:52 am    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

Hi all!

Dear astrojucar, your results are very interesting! Congratulations! Very Happy If it is possible, please write about lenses what you used. Whether UFO Analyser correctly works with all-sky images?
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
astrojucar

登録日: 2018.08.21
記事: 2

記事日時: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:46 pm    記事の件名: 引用付きで返信

I used cheap Aliexpress 1.8mm lens. (less than 7$).
I am sorry but I haven't used UfoAnalyzer.
トップに戻る
ユーザーのプロフィールを表示  
特定期間内の記事を表示:   
新しいトピックを投稿   トピックに返信    SonotaCo.JP Forum Index -> UFOCapture BBS in English All times are GMT + 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

移動先:  
新規投稿: 不可
返信投稿: 不可
記事編集: 不可
記事削除: 不可
投票参加: 不可
このフォーラムで添付ファイルを投稿 できません
このフォーラムでファイルをダウンロード できます